Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number not working after porting from Sky

enro89
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I made the mistake of deciding to leave Sky to go to Vodafone…i was lured by a cheap price for the volume of data i require…well the saying buy cheap, buy twice has never been more true!

my switch date was 1st April and i received an email to say my number had ported successfully. Since the i have spoken with support 6 times by phone 5 times by their chat bot (not including several dailed attempts using their chat bot Tobi). I have completed all their troubleshooting options; reset network settings, turn phone off and on?, reset all phone settings, replaced sim, disconnected & reconnected my number from their network and finally them resetting the network their end. They initially told me it is a problem with the phone and to speak with Apple support and this was quickly proven to be incorrect.

still I’m unable to recive calls, link iMessage and Factetime, nor receive verification sms codes from AppleId or card providors to re-verify cards on ApplePay. 

i can make calls and use my data, but when people call me who are not using Vodafone they get the message that they have either dialled a. Incorrect number or that it doesn’t exist.

i’ve given Vodafone every opportunity to resolve this and they can’t get it roght still. I mean having a phone network that works to recieve calls as well as dial out is surely the basics right?

as such i’m now in the process of selecting an alternative supplier before my 14 days is up, even if it means spending more.

my main concern is whether they have F’d my number up so much so that I won’t even be able to port it over to another supplier now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @enro89 

I suspect what may have happened here is although the number is showing as porting completed, the files have got corrupted during the porting process, if you contact the Social Team they will raise this with Sky and request them to resubmit the files.  

Unless you have already tried, try removing an re adding your number settings > phone >  my number.  Also resynchronise to Finder.

There is also the complaints process where you will be assigned a case handler here: Complaints 

If you are considering leaving Vodafone need to get this solved first, otherwise the problem will follow when you try and port out of Vodafone.  Vodafone should get this solved by the middle of the working week.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers

Hi @enro89 

I can well appreciate and understand your frustration with this.

From what your write this sounds like a Split Port.

porting in files haven't completed properly  ]

May I suggest to let the Vodafone Social Media Team's who are contactable via Facebook Messenger or Twitter DM to help with this as they can bring this to the attention of the relevant department.

They don't have access to accounts via this forum due to security protocols. 

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Please do keep your14 day cooling off period timescale in mind which is quite close now ,so you don't become locked into a contract with Vodafone that isn't currently working as it should and leaves you in the position of getting Vodafone to act for the account to work as it should. 

There's no guarantee how fast this will be resolved.

There has been previous posts frompeople who have experienced the same issues as you. A forum search may yield more information and support that's contained within them.

Don't worry about porting out as Vodafone are in control of the number they are obligated to provide you a Pac. Sky just regain control.

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Word for word the same issue I am experiencing since porting from Sky in April... 3 hours on chat with vodafone technical utter waste of time... 

Going to go back to Sky as Vodafone not helpful at all as a simple Google search shows this isn't a new issue 

I would recommend calling their complaints line instead on 0333 304 0441 as you get through pretty much straight away everytime once you have made it past the options.

I have to say that both the initial complaints handler i spoke with and the support guy i spoke with via this team were great. It’s a shame I didn’t go through this department sooner!

im giving them one final chance to rectify (not usually this generous). But predominantly as the number needs to be fixed before i can switch back to Sky.

interestingly the complaints handler straight away said he thinks he knows what the problem is and that it is likely to be an issue from when they ported the number and that although it had said it was completed successfully there were elements corrupted. This matches what someone had mentioned in response to my post the other day. He commented that this does happen from time to time and sometimes it results in people unable to use data or make outbound calls or as in my scenario unable to recieve calls or texts from anyone outside of the Vodafone network.

what i find extremely frustrating is that if this is a known/common issue why wasn’t it one of their first things to check! Instead they have had me constantly chasing and contacting them to get to a resolution, it should be in their interest to proactively resolve customer issues especially new customers.

we are now at the stage where their porting team are checking the backend and once/if confirmed that this is the problem they will communicate with both Sky and O2(where this # originated from) to re-port the number.

this will however take me past my cooling off period. Whilst they couldn’t exntend my cooling off period. I was told that i would still be eligable to cancel without penalty due to them being unable to deliver a full service. My worry is that reading their T&Cs is that this is very ambiguous and based on not delivering a service for an “unreasonable period of time”, well who decides what is unreasonable!

i do highly recommend calling that number instead though as they were far more usefull and willing to help than the general support and online chat team who seem to just fob you off with a million troubleshooting guides. The chap even promised to give me a call back the following day when the porting team were open to confirm it has been passed over to them and to provide an update and called at the exact time he promised, whereas the numerous promised call backs from general support prior to this had never materialised

Thanks for the reply...

They are in the process of disconnecting my number and then re-assigning it back onto the network plus they are sending out a new SIM card... 

I have reservations if either will fix the problem given it maybe a porting issue.

Neither worked for me.

however i can confirm that mine has now been fixed once their porting team investigated it and spoke with Sky & O2 to re-port the files.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for updating the thread @enro89 - I'm pleased to hear it's now been resolved. 

@BertiWills so we can check what's happening and make sure it's being investigated by the Porting team, please get in touch with us via Social Media

At last all sorted now............ And yes it was the porting team that got it fixed after i followed the advice in this thread as an utter waste of over 3 hours of my time speaking to technical and altering every setting under the sun on my phone, now need to go back and put things back to how they were!

Thanks for providing the update @berti2005, we're happy to hear that everything is now resolved with your number 🙂

AnnS

Hi @enro89 

I suspect what may have happened here is although the number is showing as porting completed, the files have got corrupted during the porting process, if you contact the Social Team they will raise this with Sky and request them to resubmit the files.  

Unless you have already tried, try removing an re adding your number settings > phone >  my number.  Also resynchronise to Finder.

There is also the complaints process where you will be assigned a case handler here: Complaints 

If you are considering leaving Vodafone need to get this solved first, otherwise the problem will follow when you try and port out of Vodafone.  Vodafone should get this solved by the middle of the working week.