Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old phone number recovery

BenAx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey All, 

I'm just wondering if it's possible to recover and use my old phone number again? 

I switched contracts and changed to a new number but I'm needing to use my old number now. It's been a few months so I'm hoping this will be okay. 

If anyone knows anything about this please let me know.

Thank you,

Ben

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @BenAx 

Have you tried ringing the number to see if it connects or not.

If not then it's possibly still quarantined. 

You could certainly ask customer services by phone or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  to ask if it's possible or not.

Usually a person has around 90 days to recover the number once it's been quarantined.

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum to be helped from your post here @BenAx 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

If it been no longer than 90 days since disconnection @BenAx you have a good chance of getting the number back.

With the number being on a pay monthly contract it would probably mean having to reinstate the contract, you would then in a a position to move the number to the new contract or put the number on PAYG.

If it is possible a search of the forum will bring up threads with information on how to move the number to the new contract.

Drop the Social Team a message through Twitter or Facebook social channels with a link to the thread and they will be able to advise further.

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Was the number originally ported in to Vodafone or did Vodafone themselves issue the number to you? Reason I ask... If the number was ported in to Vodafone then the number has probably been returned to the original issuing network.

Example:

You take a contract with EE and they issue you with a new number (12345). Twelve months later you port 12345 from EE to Vodafone. Another twelve months later, you close the Vodafone account but don't port out... After a short period the number 12345 is returned to the EE network, and they return it to the pool of available numbers.

kashgajbhiye
1: Seeker

Hi,

+91 7030722148 was my old postpaid number. It's inactive since last 3 or more year. Can I activate this number. 

If yes or No How

If yes what's Charges

Thanks and regards

Akash Gajbhiye