cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account broken/unfixable losing the will to live!!!!!!

oliveoil
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I have been with Vodafone for over 20 years, I know I know Martin Lewis would be kicking my [Removed] and things had been running reasonably smoothly for most of them, until recently.

Back in February I tried to log into my online account and faced an error and was unable to log in.

Spoke with live chat who raised a ticket and said it would be sorted out within a few days.

So here we are some 3 months later and after many phone calls it's still not sorted!!!

I've had every excuse as to why it's not working including, it's my computer's fault, it's my browser fault,  it's the servers fault, it's my fault, it's my dog's fault, it's my mum's dog's fault and pretty much everybody else's fault but not Vodafone's!!!!!!

My account has been cleansed so often it doesn't need a Covid jab!!!!

So today I receive a call from our overseas friends who assure me that a brand new account has been set up after taking my phone down for a few hours and is ready to go. He proudly tells me to go online and set up the account and you guessed it, it still does not work.!!!!!! My computer again apparently. So I tell him to set it up his end after giving him the one time password and all the other information, it then went very quiet and  he say's it must be a server issue and to keep trying.  He's going call me back in two days, maybe just for a chat, I'm not sure why!!

I am slowly losing the will to live.

Has anybody else experienced similar issues and managed to get it resolved?

And to add insult to injury, according to my phone app,  I will now be paying twice this month after they have been messing with my account!!!

I give up. 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic/personal information/inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion

There's something very odd here.   If you don't hear anything after the promised two days, drop a note to the Social media team on Facebook or Twitter.   Once they have your details, they can go away and investigate more throughly and will come back to you once they have an answer.   Fronline customer services tend to concentrate more on immediate fixes and don't always have the time to chase up longer-term issues.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter.

Is there any other way of contacting them?

I have previously raised a complaint via the Vodafone website.

Not sure what else I can do

hrym

Most companies operate customer support through social media these days and it's worth setting up an account just for that purpose.   Twitter is probably best and you can lock the things down so that it's completely private if you want to.

Many thanks.

I'm just in the process of setting up Twitter

Cheers

Many thanks for your help Hrym.

I so live in the dark ages.

The guys on their twitter account have now sorted the problem.

Cheers again