Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Out of contract charged

DRob1706
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone know why I am being charged an out of contract fee for sharing one of my contacts to someone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @DRob1706 

When you send a contact as sharing it is often sent as MMS and not as a standard SMS message and will be charged at 35p as out of bundle messages, if you check your online billing, this should show as an extra charge.

To avoid this happening again, just copy and paste the number and send as normal SMS.  Alternatively, use an application such as WhatsApp or send as email.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

If you can't see any relevant information in your myvodafone app or online myvodafone @DRob1706 then I'd suggest to call 191 or use Live Chat who have account access to see what's happening.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM can help too.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I've not known of a fee being charged so it's best to get this officially clarified. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @DRob1706 

When you send a contact as sharing it is often sent as MMS and not as a standard SMS message and will be charged at 35p as out of bundle messages, if you check your online billing, this should show as an extra charge.

To avoid this happening again, just copy and paste the number and send as normal SMS.  Alternatively, use an application such as WhatsApp or send as email.

hrym

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @DRob1706 

I've been caught out that way.   Not a mistake you make twice 😀