Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pac code problem.

Thymallus
2: Seeker

So, I lost my phone today half way up a mountain. I reported it and got Simon blocked. At the same time I decided to ditch vodaphone and paid £242 to end the contract immediately. All fine and dandy but then asked for a pac code only to be told it would be texted to my phone. Er...anyone spot the problem? Several referrals by vodaphone to supervisors later i was told there was no other way of doing it. WHAT???? I was offered a new sim in the post so I could receive the text Totally useless when I have no phone a closed account and in any case no vodaphone reception at home (NP25 postcode is mid Wales). IN EFFECT vodaphone have broken the law by failing to give me a pac code immediately in the circumstances. They have my email address and can easily email it,read it to me or call my landlines with it. All totally hopeless. The phone is not used by me but my wife who is a frontline NHS Doctor. Vodaphone just don't seem to care.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

As far as I'm aware Vodafone should supply the Pac over the phone or via text within 2 hours @Thymallus 

Give the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries a try or ask customer services via 0333 304191 again.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thymallus

Yep. Customer services will give me a new sim. What do I put it into if I have lost my phone and hence blocked the original sim? If I sort that out how do I then activate the new sim and get texted a password when I live so.ewhere with no mobile signal. If vodaphone jut emailed the pac code ior read it to me over the phone problem SOLVED!

BandOfBrothers

@Thymallus 

A person can still be given a Pac even if they have cancelled their contract if its been under 30 days.

From I-need-a-PAC-or-STAC. 

“ I left Vodafone, but forgot to get a PAC to keep my number 

If it’s been under 30 days since you left, we can still give you the PAC. If you had:

• One number on your account – Chat to us online to get your PAC
  • Multiple numbers on your account – Chat to us online or give us a call on 0333 3040 191 to get your PAC ”

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.