cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Error code 2404 when attempting to use the Vodafone app for trade-in.

LaMadre
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

IMG_3370.png

IMG_3372.png

IMG_3373.png

I went to a Vodafone shop to purchase the IPhone 16 Pro Max. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max to trade in. Everything was going well and I was given a good enough quote for my handset and a great quote for the sim. Credit check and ID check went through; however, for the trade-in to go through, I needed to install and use the ridiculous Vodafone app. The Vodafone app simply would not work no matter how many uninstalls, offload, deletions, iOS updates, we tried, nothing worked. Also, there was an issue on his system where he said he had a,  ‘Price glitched on the system’. Due to this, he advised I contact Vodafone directly and give them the account number he created for this sale and they’d sort the sale for me. The rep at the store explained he’d encountered the same issue with another customer and due to this, the sales rep started again, which meant another credit check which this time did not go through and worst of all, he explained the customer wasn’t able to obtain credit anywhere else!

During my conversation with the amazing and very thorough Vodafone rep called Usher, he advised me to try using the link via the Vodafone site where you can click and use the trade-in tool via the site. This too came up with an error message. I really want to go with Vodafone, but this trade-in tool is stopping me. Does anyone have any advice, please? I have spent 3 hours of my life trying to get this sorted.

0 REPLIES 0