Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay Monthly Contract - Retention Mess up

vijay80
2: Seeker

My contract is finished now (It was showing as Oct 17 until when I checked with Vodafone store in Morgate. This got updated after 30 minutes wait) and when I called up the customer service number and with some options selected, I landed in retention team. below are the sequence of events happend afterwards. 

13Sep17 - Spoke to Kevin and we agreed on a price for Galaxy S8 along with Samsung VR 2017 headset. I was told that the VR headset is out of stock and I choose to wait for a day to see the stock status. With my previous experience, I requested Kevin to confirm that this is all updated in the notes for which he said it is all done. I requested him to update my address as well and he confirmed it is all done. 

14Sep17 - Spoke to a representative from retention team and was shocked to hear that there is nothing in the notes (in my account) and he passed me on to customer service team. They listened to the issue and then put me back to the retention team where I got connected with another representative. He confirmed that the deal agreed is still online but the VR headset is still not arrived and requested to follow up the next day. 

15Sep17 - Spoke to Jess from retention team and the same story as above and she confirmed that the stock might be available on Monday the 18Sep17 as usually the stock arrives every Monday. 

18Sep17 - Spoke to Ras from retention team and he informed that I can go ahead with the phone order and that the VR 2017 headset will be sent over once it is available in stock. Surprisingly, the address was not updated as requested earlier. He confirmed that the address is updated and it is all done. 

19Sep17 - As I did not receive any sort of confirmation regarding the dispatch, I gave a call to retention team again and ended up speaking to Chloe (not a polite service that I received). She put me on hold for 10 minutes, came back and confirmed that there is a technical issue due to which the order did not go through and it is now with the technical team who is looking into this. when the estimated time was asked, she said it will take another two weeks to get this sorted. Also, she mentioned that the VR 2017 is now in stock and when I asked to check if it is included in the order, the answer was no. 

What I need now: 

a. Contacdt details where I can escalate this issue to get this looked into ASAP. 

b. ensure that both the phone as well as the VR 2017 headset is dispatched at the same time

As everytime when I give a call it is taking atleast 20 minutes of my time (there is not even one call back done by any of the representatives) with all of the details getting verified. This is frustrating as I have been with Vodafone for 10 years now and expect to receive a proper customer service with a prompt delivery on items which is agreed. 

Look forward for a prompt response. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

taffrich

Hi,

I can fully relate to your problems, it has taken me 5 days and still no closer to a simle upgrade and wrongful biling. When the new phone did arrive the box theat Samsung ships them in had been cut open with a sharp knife. 

Now I'm told it could take between 3 and 5 days to sort out, then I will have to wait in 10 hours for a delivery by DPD again. Did you know that the operating platform that Vodafone is working with is Windows 98.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see the experience you've had @vijay80 @taffrich.

So we can take a closer look into this, I've sent you both a private message with details to contact our team directly.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible.