Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone issue (pay monthly contract)

GParkin
2: Seeker

Hi I’m in need of desperate help. One of my daughters has dropped my phone and a car has ran over it. I now have no phone and my upgrade isn’t due until July. Is it possible to discuss my options with one of the forum guys. Been a loyal Vodafone customer for 15+ years and I’d hate to leave them as my family are all on the same provider. Please Help. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @GParkin

Oh dear Accidents do happen.   Without insurance your options are going to be limited.

Unfortunately the forum is not a sales channel, you would need to contact Vodafone or call into a store.

With your upgrade due July, this would mean your contract end date being around the middle to end October, your online account will give your contract end date.

Depending on the tariff you are on, there is the flexi upgrade option but this may work out an expensive option.  Please see here:  Flexi Upgrades.  A further option would be to purchase a phone at your own expense and change to a cheaper SIM free contract when your present contract reaches it's minimum term.  

BandOfBrothers

Double castrophy @GParkin

Dropped phone and then ran over it ! Ouch.

My suggestion would be to perhaps ask a family member, colleague or friend if they have a spare or unwanted upgrade that'll accept a Vodafone sim and use that.

Shops such as CEX sell traded in phones and unwanted upgrades too.

Vodafone shops sell Payg phones.

I assume the network signal and data speeds have been adequate and as such moving networks could then affect that as not all  Networks offer the same signal and data speeds everywhere.

Certainly give Vodafone a call on 191 and choose the thinking of leaving option to get through to retentions although your not really in a good negotiating place as your not at the end of your contact.

Give it until Wednesday when the departments should be fully manned again.

Maybe you have a bank account that as a perk which gives mobile phone cover or Home Contents Insurance.

Excess fees and Terms and Conditions would need to be checked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

GParkin

Thanks for your positive responses guys. Up have to look into it further as I’m stuck in limbo at the moment

BandOfBrothers

No worries and best of luck   

:Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.