Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal

Gbmillsey
2: Seeker

I live in Fillongley, Warwickshire, the Vodafone map states that I should have a good indoor/outdoor signal but in fact the signal is zero indoors and very patchy to zero outdoors, I rely on my wifi calling facility to be able to use my phone. My wife is suffering the same issue with her Virgin phone service since it moved from EE to Vodafone. Why are we expected to pay for no reception and why are Mobile operators allowed to claim coverage in areas when it is not the case?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you please use the template in the following link and copy and paste it back here for the Social Media Team's to look at @Gbmillsey 

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Gbmillsey

Post Title: CV7

1) No indoor signal, patchy outdoor signal

2) What is the full postcode CV78EY

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No signal of any kind

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I moved to Vodafone

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

Thanks for them details @Gbmillsey. When you're inside is your phone showing that you're connected to 3G / 4G or does it come up 'searching'? Also, has the service never worked in your area or is this a new issue? 

Hi.

No 3 or 4G signal, we have never had a very reliable Vodafone signal in my area, I f i go about a mile south I can get 4g and 2 bars.

Geoff

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for confirming @Gbmillsey.

I've taken a look into the postcode and can see your 2G, 3G and 4G does look to be patchy in the area. 

As you've experienced issues with your service since joining us and I can see your coverage looks more reliable when travelling south as you've mentioned, this would be due to general coverage rather than a network fault. 

Your site (16801) is performing correctly without any known issues and we do have planned upgrades at the end of this month and in July that may help in the future. 

In these situations we'd normally advise customers to utilise our free WiFi Calling feature to help with calls and texts. Should you ever find you're unable to connect to this feature when you're in an area with poor reception and available Wi-Fi we'd advise switching your phone's Airplane Mode on. This forces the phone to connect via WiFi rather than trying to connect to any available networks.

Our network status checker shows a computer generated image which should be used as a guide rather than a guarantee of service. We also give our customers 14 days to try out our services. If you're outside of this timeframe, we'd recommend using our status checker to monitor for any planned improvements as we're always working hard to improve our coverage.

Hi, I did try out your service and it was fine in the first 14 days but then you moved my phone signal from EE to Vodafone, that is when the problem started, perhaps you should be giving customers another 14 days after you switch them. The switch was also made without informing the customers of a network change? EE works fine in my area!

You mentioned the move from EE to Vodafone so I assume you are either Virgin or ASDA mobile. You will need to take it up with them if that is the case.

Vodafone signal been bad for ages they tried to tell me it was my new phone. But I bought a new one as I thought it was my old phone causing the problems..Vodafone won't take responsibility..ive been with tge 20 plus years and the signal is worse now than it was on 2g years ago..cost a fortune and nothing much for your money