Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Questions About Vodafone Uswitch £10pm/30GB Data Deal

Statto
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

A couple of days ago I switched from O2 to Vodafone after spotting a good deal on Uswitch. Today, everything has gone through and I'm up and running. It hasn't exactly been the smoothest experience thus far, but I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1. The deal I signed up to is £10 per month for 12 months. Why was it only when I reached the account page that I was told my future bill is £20?

2. This was advertised as a 30GB data deal. How come when I look in my account it says my plan is 3GB and then lists additional data plans to reach 30GB?

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 13.25.59.pngIMG_7873.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Statto 

Your new contract is billed pro rata so specifics should settle on the creation of your 1st bill.

When-will-I-get-my-first-bill-and-how-much-will-it-be. 

Customer services via Live Chat or 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can access your account to clarify.

If a particular tariff was chosen and extra data is part of the promotion then usually because the main allowance can't be changed in the tariff details the extra data would show at the bottom of the account information in your myvodafone. 

Again customer services can clarify.

I appreciate it's imperative this is clarified before the 14 day cooling off period is reached.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HelpfulBadger
11: Established
11: Established

Hi @Statto

As BandOfBrothers says above, the £20 is likely due to being charged pro-rata (which means the first bill was generated before any services were live, so your "second" bill is for 2 months of service) - If you tab on the "Current Charges" button in the app it will split out the "Monthly charges" (your regular amount) and "Additional charges" (pro-rata'd billing and any overages etc). I would also check the terms if it is showing at £20 as it could be a cashback deal from your third party.

The fact you bought a 30GB plan and have a 3GB plan with addons is (unfortunately) a common occurrence across the mobile industry, and across both third party sales and direct (Virgin Mobile has done it in the past, and the 120GB plan on the Vodafone website is 100 + 20gb in my experience).

Hope that helps

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Statto it's great you've joined us 🙂 though I'm sorry to hear you haven't had the best experience so far. 

As @BandOfBrothers and @HelpfulBadger have mentioned, you'll get billed in advance for your first month and you may also see some pro-rata charges on there. Your additional data has also been added as extra bundles and will be included for the full duration of your contract. 

So we can double check your bill for you, please get in touch over social media