Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refund after leaving Vodafone

raksha_patel82
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I chatted with someone just before my number switched over from Vodafone to a new provider and they told me I was due a refund and that this would come in 3-5 days after the switch.  I haven't received it yet and its been a over a month since I switched.

I can't call Vodafone as it asks me to put my mobile number in but then doesn't recognise it (clearly because I am no longer with them).  

Online Chat is not working for me so resorted to joining this community.  Can someone please help?  Surely its not difficult to refund a customer after they leave if the direct debit is still active.  Disappointed at the level of service and the fact that I have to chase money owed.

Thanks for any help out there.

11 REPLIES 11

hrym
17: Community Champion

The forum team will be able to help you.   Just hang on until they pick up this thread.

With regard to LiveChat, I have the same problem.   Can I ask what browser you're using? (I can make it work with IE, but not Firefox).

Using Chrome and its worked before when I was with them. I expect its not recognising the number so automatically says they are busy.

Hi @raksha_patel82

If funds were taken in error via direct debit then your bank might be able to assist you via the direct debit guarantee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @raksha_patel82

As you have retained the direct debit any refund for line rental paid in advance would be direct to the account after you have received the following bill after cancellation.

If a refund is due, you should have received a 0.00 balance bill after any due refund.  Unless you have set up an alternative contact number on the account to receive the security text Vodafone will send the remaining bills detailing any refund  by normal postal delivery

When you contact Vodafone they will be able to let you know when you should receive the bills.

hrym

It's possible you were misinformed and that the final bill was correctly calculated to the net amount - with no refund therefore due.   I wouldn't recommend trying to calculate it yourself (tbh, I'm not sure you were) and reclaiming through the dd guarantee as this could leave you with an outsanding debt that might affect your credit rating.   Just hang on for the forum team, who'll be able to access the account even if it is closed, and confirm the position.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

The Final Bill will be produced on the same day as your normal Billing Cycle and Refund should be in your Account within 8-10 days after that.

Thanks.  21st of the month is the usual billing date. Dec 21st would've been the final bill date.  Working from this I should've received the refund this week taking into account bank holidays over Christmas/New Year.  Haven't received bill in post either which I would've expected by now if it follows normal billing cycle.

I would suggest using Live Chat. Ask them to check your last bill and email it to you. When they ask for verification, please give them your Account no. This will be on previous Bills.

They will also process the refund if there is any due.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @raksha_patel82, I'm sorry to hear you've not received the refund you mentioned. So I'm able to access your account and take a closer look into this, I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.