Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Refusing to refund upfront payment! 😡

hpg86ad
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

A few weeks ago I applied for a contract all went through signed the contract etc.

A day later contacted by fraud team to say they need documents no problem. I assume because recently moved and autocorrect had spelt my name Harry instead of Henry.

provided required docs too be told passport not accepted out of date ok fair enough I didn’t realise 🤦‍♂️. Have no other photo I’d. I also provided a council letter with proof of new address not accepted. 

so anyway get the email to say they cannot accept docs so account cancelled basically. Iv now been waiting almost 3 weeks to get the £29 upfront payment back - which is marked as settled in my bank meaning Vodafone has collected it.

contacted Vodafone we chat multiple times to be told fraud team are investigating 🤦‍♂️. Iv contacted bank who have told me to contact Vodafone. 

goods and services not provided surely the upfront should be automatically refunded .

so frustrated! Urhh 😡 😡 

Vodafone say they don’t have a security question and need to go in the shop with my docs to get MY money back that came from the bank registered to my address and my name ! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 REPLIES 2

WelshPaul
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi,

You say that you spoke to your bank, so I assume you used a debit card to make payment? If so, was it Visa? You can raise a dispute with the bank and request a chargeback of the amount collected by Vodafone.

https://www.visa.co.uk/chargeback.html

Hi

yes have raised a dispute with bank 🏦 

Just thought it was good process to contact Vodafone first which I did