main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Retrieve disconnected number ??

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
1: Seeker
Hi. I had a mobile number which I chose to disconnect back in May this year. However on the day it was disconnected I changed my mind and phoned Vodafone to request for a PAC code. However I was informed that it was too late. Since May I have phoned Vodafone quite a few times and requested for this number to be reconnected. However have been told that it is not possible and the number will be recycled. Is there any way in this world that I can get my old number back??
View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

@Radi0girl

As soon as you cancel the contract, the number immediately goes for recycling and it could be anywhere in the system.

Unfortunately, if you did not ask for the number to be put on PAYG or ask for a PAC code and moved the number to another provider, it will be lost.

If you had asked for a PAC code and not used the code to move the number, it would have overridden the cancellation request and the number would still be on Vodafone and charged.

View more options
31 REPLIES

Hi,

Once a number is disconnected and quarantined to be recycled at a later time I'm afraid they will not activate it again for you. 

I would have thought that the timeframe of a day should have worked in your favour ,but must submit to what your being officially advised. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

@Radi0girl

As soon as you cancel the contract, the number immediately goes for recycling and it could be anywhere in the system.

Unfortunately, if you did not ask for the number to be put on PAYG or ask for a PAC code and moved the number to another provider, it will be lost.

If you had asked for a PAC code and not used the code to move the number, it would have overridden the cancellation request and the number would still be on Vodafone and charged.

View more options
2: Seeker

HI 

I have a similar challenge and had my number for a considerable period of years before changing jobs and being so caught up i didnt transfer the number via a PAC to my new organisation. yes silly and stupid i agree !

I see from the previous comments that after a period - i believe 170 days - the number gets disconnected and re-cycled. 

My question is that although the number is disconnected it is still within Vodafone's system (in software) and Vodafone should and would have the ability to re-connect the number, albiet with a fee charged which i'm happy to pay. 

Has anybody actually ever managed to achieve this and come on Vodafone, given you are multi-billion dollar organisation and super keen to maintain your customer satisfaction scores this must be possible. We are ultimately your customers in both work and business and my kids spend a small fortune on monthly Vodafone contracts.

Please is thier anyone in Vodafone that can help me - again happy to pay whatever you wish to charge me.

A little kindness goes a long way in repeatable business. 

Thanks,

Andy

View more options

Hi @ledson

What you are asking would be impossible.  If the number has been disconnected for non use, it may even have been reissued to another customer or have even been ported out to another network.

If the number is important to you, it is all the more reason to keep the number active.

If you need further clarification, the best thing to do would be to have a live chat, they will be able to let you know if retrieving the number is at all possible.

View more options

Ann,

Why is it impossible - my goodness we can send a man to the moon and that was fifty years ago - nothing is impossible. I have been deep within the Vodafone system and having been passed to four different departments - who where all very helpful and still get the same message.

We live in a software defined age and my number is sitting - somewhere - in software, and could be re-provisoned. Vodafone you have that power !

I have also had confirmation that the number hasnt been ported and when i ring it is still nu. 

So Vodafone - i will personally pay you £1000 if i can get my number back. There the challenge is yours.

In muted hope,

Andy

View more options
16: Advanced member

To be fair, there's no reason why this can't be done. It may be process blocking you here rather than it being impossible.

My cousin moved to NZ at the end of last year. Gave his notice to 3 and they disconnected his number in early December. So when you called it, you got the 'number out of service error'.

Cut to January, his old company offered him a huge payrise and back to the UK he came. 

He called up 3 and asked if he could get his old number back, they told him to buy a PAYG sim and call back. He did and they transferred his old number onto it.

He thanked them mind you by getting a PAC code and then transferring to BT Mobile. 

But huge kudos to 3!

View more options
Administrator

@ledson Depending how long the number has been disconnected, this is something which we could look into for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options

Thank you @donnyguy - apprecaite the usfeul thought process and encouragement !

I've now been contacted by the very friendly Vodafone tech team on a private link and will feedback to yourself and the wider community the outcome.

Again living in the hope of a succesful resolution.

Thanks

Andy

View more options

Hi there,

I am having the exact same issue, feel a bit like I am jumping on the bandwagon here but can anyone from Vodafone help me??

View more options

Hi @neil537

We'd love to help. 

Please get in touch following the instructions that I've sent you on a private message.

Thanks, 

Amanda 

View more options
1: Seeker
Hello there I'm literally haveing the same issue another one in the band wagon . Would I be able to have some help I have a lot of bussnis contacts on the number I have lost thank you Sam
View more options

@Sam_mrk1 - Please turn on your private messages in your profile settings, so I can send you a message with instructions on how to get in touch.

Let us know once done.

View more options

Hi,

I need similar help here too. Had my number (since 2000) disconnected two days ago after a customer advisor mistakenly ported my sisters number onto my account. 

Please help!

Faisal

View more options

@F41sal - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi there,

My employeer went into administration at the end of May and my phone stopped working last week. I had transferred my number across from my previous employeer (also vodafone) and this is now hampering my ability to obtain future work as this was my work line. Can you please help me too as I'm just off the phone with one of your operators and was told it was lost.

Thank you in advance

View more options

Hi @Doogie2008, so we can help I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team.

We'll then be in touch as soon as possible to help.

View more options

Hi

I am too in need of a helpful private message to hopefully retrieve my disconnected number.

I have had the same number on Vodafone all of 20+ years, I changed onto PAYG from contract instore after telling them I wouldn't be using my phone as often but wanted to keep the same number.

Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to use my phone for a while and it has been disconnected. 

I am too willing to pay to get my number back which has always been with Vodafone all these years.

Thanks

Ian

View more options

Hi @IanM888, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team.

We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

View more options

Hi Tech team,

Can you help me too?  I want my number back..  I will take a new contract..  Whatever I have to do..

Kind regards

Phil

View more options