Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming Charges

colingu
2: Seeker

I'm roaming in New Zealand, without inclusive roaming, where there is a charge of £6.85/day if I make a phone call or send a text. Receiving a text is free. I also pay to recieve calls.  But what happens if I don't answer a call, or decline a call, or a call goes to voicemail? Will this incurred the £6.85 daily charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

The daily charge is only for outgoing, calls and texts made by you, it's free to receive @colingu . Vodafone have information here: Roaming Charges as you can see the charge depend on the plan you are on.

If a call goes to voicemail providing you don't call your voicemail you won't be charged, if you reject an incoming call, there is no charge but you might as well answer the call, it won't incur the daily roaming charge.

Having mentioned that, if you have an unlocked phone get yourself a local SIM.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

The daily charge is only for outgoing, calls and texts made by you, it's free to receive @colingu . Vodafone have information here: Roaming Charges as you can see the charge depend on the plan you are on.

If a call goes to voicemail providing you don't call your voicemail you won't be charged, if you reject an incoming call, there is no charge but you might as well answer the call, it won't incur the daily roaming charge.

Having mentioned that, if you have an unlocked phone get yourself a local SIM.

Thanks for that. Had missed the bit about incoming calls

colingu

Thanks for that. Had missed the bit about incoming calls!