Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Send IPad to Repair over a Month ago and still no update

FilipB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I wanted to send my Ipad for repair out side of warranty (happy to pay for it).

Request was made on 5th of January and been told that DPD will come and pick it up within 2 to 3 days - that didnt happened

I called back and been told that I should give it one more day dispite the fact that DPD did not got in touch with me to schedule anything but I waited for nothing.

I called back again and been told that there was an issue with system between DPD and them so they will send return back via Royal Mail and that cam 2 days later so I send it on 12th of Jan just before weekend and accordingly to tracking number Vodafone received it on 15th of January.

Accordingly to the procedures within 2 to 3 days I should get a quote for repair so after 3 days I called them back asking for the quote as no one called me.
I been told that I have to give them another 48h (working hours so weekends are overlaping).

Suprise suprise no one called me so I called again just to be told that for some reason my repair case has been canceled by someone ( while my Ipad was delivered to them) so they have to put a new job for it and I will get quote within another 48h which guess what no one called again so I called back.

again I been told that they have to put a new job number as the person who did tahat 2 days ago didnt actually do it (what a joke but hold on it gets better)
So they did that and you guest it I had to wait another 48h just so no one calls me so I call back again just to be told tha I have 3 differet job numbers on that Ipad which one of them was cancelled and that when someone created new one they should merrged them together so that person told me she will merged them all in to one and I have to wait another 48h which didnt change anything as still no one is calling me back.

I called back (at this point it was 2nd February) and been trransfered to the Customer Relations team who deals with complains as after nearly a month I lost my patients and decide it is time to complain.
I been told that this guy will now be taking over this case and will be communicating with me all updates personally so I will stop talking to other people (you guest it I never spoke to that person so far as since then he is offline and no one thinks it is a good idea to assign differen case hendler to my account while the one in question is not returning to work) and that he will send email to repair team to get an update that I wll get within 48h yes again no one called me back

I call back again just to be told that there is still no update and only this case handler will actually see what update is if there will be one and other consultans are only able to see if there is one, so I have to wait 48h again.

No one calls back so I call them and I got informed that repair team give anupdate on 4th of February (yes day that I called last time and been told there is no update) and that they starting a manual search for my Ipad as they dont know where it is and they need 5 working days (starting from 4th Feb and call was made on 7th with weekend ahead of us)

So after another call promised 5 working days after the update I call them back as no one calls me - that is when I been told that case hendler who started all of tha on 2nd of Feb is offline for last 6 days lol
and that there is still no update but they will send further excalation on that which means I have to wait anothe 48h and if there will be no update I should get alternative solutions to be provided to me and if no one will call me I should on the next day call them on provided number and quote provided reference number which will allow any consultant to deal with that.

Happy days over a month and I'm looking at the light at the end of the tunell ( hahahaha jokes on me as that was not the end of the tunnel - probably not even close)

as 3 days later as no one called me back I call them on specific number with ref number and being told that we have to wiat 48h and that until update wont come through they are unable to provide me with any solutions and that my case hendler is off now for 8 days and still no other been assigned - so I requested manager call back (that was saturday as it overlapped in to weekend again)

I finally got a call back on 15th February (nearly month and a half since everything begun and exactly a month since they received my Ipad)
just to be told that I have to give them some more time (they dont even bother with providing specific deadlines) and that they are unable to tell me how long and that they are unable to check how long my case handler is off line for just that he is offline today regardless of me confirming that I been provided that information by 2 different consultants in the past and that it is vierd that manager is unable to do it. he than told me that they worked on old systems that shows wrong information that they should not provide me with (joker).

So now I have to wait another week for updated that most likely wont come through and no one will call me back.

Give me my Ipad back you lier’s 

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It does sound like you've not been supported the best way Vodafone could have.

If the Apple Store's were open I would have suggested to take it there for a repair.

It's your property at the end of the day so if you want it back then tell them so.

I can understand with these unprecedented time's that service won't be as I should but Vodafone should keep you informed.

I'd suggest to speak to the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and or raise a complaint Here. 

Unfortunately there is no account access via this forum.

I wish you all the best with this @FilipB 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your help but I did asked them to give it back in repaired and I will pay someone else to fix it like apple for example.

but they told be I have to wait for an update or ask for a deadlock letter which means up to 26 day wait for letter and then take it to ofcoms to deal with them on Legal grounds which can take very long. 

BandOfBrothers

I'm not really sure why this was advised @FilipB 

Vodafone issue a Deadlock Letter usually in line with a resolution not being agreed in connection to a contract and bills. Not hardware.

When a complaint is raised it can take around 8 weeks sometimes to be hopefully brought to resolution.

Ofcom does not deal with issues between people and Vodafone,  instead it's the Communications Ombudsman.

This is what they deal with if Vodafone issue a Deadlock Letter.

ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications  

Give the Social Media Team's a crack at helping you please.

This may also help … Consumer-rights-act 2015. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for that team on Social Media is basicly sending me back to helpline to call them so same result and regarding that consumer act link you provided I did read it a week ago and it actually refers to cases of returning faulty equipment within 30days, less than 6 months and longer than six months if you believe that it is manufacture fault which is not tha case with me. 

As I have this Ipada for over a year and it is clearly my fault that it is damaged (my daughter cracked the screen) therefore I just want to get it fixed and obviously expecting to pay for it. 

this act dose not cover situation when you send device for repair and over 30 day later there is still no updates even regarding how much to pay for repair. 

I understand things can go wrong and I get it that Covid19 causes delays thats fine if someone would call me and tell me it will be fixed in 3 weeks rather than 1 week and it will cost this much - I would be happy with that 

or if they would call and say sorry we lost it and repair team after 2 weeks of searching cant find it lets talk about alternative solutions - I would understand that and start discussing what to do in that case 

but sadly there is no communication, everytime I been told I will get an update I dont get it and have to call them myself just to be told it will be done within 48h and than it dosent happen again and again for over 30 days now. 

AnnS

Hi @FilipB 

There is a problem at the moment for repairs due to Covid 19 restrictions and it will take longer than expected to receive your device back from Repairs but you should receive it back within 30 days.

As this is a new repair you should receive some notification from Vodafone, if this has not been received speak to Vodafone through Customer Service channels or contact the Social Team through Twitter/Facebook.

It has been over 30 days since they received my Ipad and we are not even at the point of quote as they still unsure have they received my Ipad (dispite fact I provided them with tracking number that shows clearly that they received it on 15th of January) and every 48h I do get in touch with Customer relations who are checking and advicing that there is no update and that I have to wait another 48h. 

So as much as I appritiate your advice sadly it is not helpfull one