Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

eSim - are they available on PAYG

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi All,

This may sound like a silly question but getting the run around from Vodafone on this one. 

Long story short, ported a friend to PAYG, they need to dual sim. 

Attempted to do it via the ‘convert to eSIM’ option on Apple. It went through the process, told me it worked but nothing did. 

Checked the option from My Vodafone and it said chat to them to change to eSIM. 

Chatted and was told eSIM aren’t available on PAYG. Questioned this, he was adamant he was right. 

Checked out this page that tells me they are available: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/esim#1:2:1:2

So my question is

- Are they still available to PAYG customers? If so, what dark magic do I need to partake in to get someone to support

- If the option has been removed, can you please update your site as the amount of effort I’ve invested in this is unreal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @donnyguy PAYG customers can set up on an eSIM. So we can take a look into what's gone wrong in your friends journey, ask the to pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help them. 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @donnyguy PAYG customers can set up on an eSIM. So we can take a look into what's gone wrong in your friends journey, ask the to pop us a message via one of our social channels and we'll be happy to help them. 

donnyguy

Spot on - thanks Mark. 

Ironically it used to be able to be done via My Vodafone and also via the Apple ‘convert to eSIM’ but that functionality seems to have been pulled. 

Will give social channels a try, live chat were adamant it wasn’t possible.