Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Plus - Not received eSims (yet…?)

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Last Thursday, I ordered two PAYG plus eSims for my parents. On both of the order journeys, I opted to enter their phone numbers and PACs to port their numbers at the same time. The port date is today (Mon 29th).

However, for both journeys, I got the following four emails:

• Plan Summary
  • Thanks for your order (confirms the number I’m porting in, the port date and then says, you’ve opted for eSIM and goes on to say we’ll send you another email shortly with a QR code on)
  • A new consent agreement
  • Thanks for registering for My Vodafone

Same four for both orders. However no email with the QR code has landed for either order nor do the My Vodafone logins work. 

As today is the port date and my parents are due to lose their service with their existing supplier at some point today, should I expect these QR codes to land?

This may be perfectly normal behaviour owing to the fact that the ports won’t happen until today.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

donnyguy

Just to update and close this thread off.

This is expected behaviour. You’re not given a temporary number and your account isn’t created (and therefore the eSIMs sent) until your number port closes off. 

Upon receipt of the ‘we’ve successfully moved your number to our network’ email, I also got the eSIMs sent seconds later. So my parents are up and working, on their numbers and all is good with the world. 

Maybe be good to update the comms on that particular journey to set expectations on when to receive the eSIM. But other than that, it’s been pretty smooth.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

donnyguy

Just to update and close this thread off.

This is expected behaviour. You’re not given a temporary number and your account isn’t created (and therefore the eSIMs sent) until your number port closes off. 

Upon receipt of the ‘we’ve successfully moved your number to our network’ email, I also got the eSIMs sent seconds later. So my parents are up and working, on their numbers and all is good with the world. 

Maybe be good to update the comms on that particular journey to set expectations on when to receive the eSIM. But other than that, it’s been pretty smooth.