Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2345 Why can't you top up by phone?

TellTheTruthPLS
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm on pay as you go plus. It's more like pay as you go minus imo.

The monthly card transaction failed. I was basically cut off with no Internet and no access to anything except 2345 which just tells you to use the app, which doesn't work when they have cut you off because the transaction failed.

2345 is completely useless if you can't use it to manually pay by card in the event I described.

Option 3 was make a complaint and when you select that it just says goodbye and cuts you off.

So basically my weekend was ruined because I had to come home to use my home Internet to make the stupid app work. I will not enter card details over public WiFi it is NOT SAFE!

So because of Vodafone's imo lack of care for customers I'll also have to carry my work phone whenever I go away anywhere at the time of renewal just in case this happens again.

It's totally unacceptable that there is no way to contact anyone if the card transaction failed and you have no Internet. Either they need to allow data/Internet for the Vodafone app regardless of payment status OR provide a way to pay via 2345.

AND if there is an option to make a complaint then for heavens sake make it a real one. Just saying goodbye and hanging up is like sticking two fingers up at your customers imo.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @TellTheTruthPLS  if you registered a payment card the responsibility is on you to make sure there are no reasons for payment to fail when it is due at the end of 30 days. 

If the payment failed, Vodafone would have made a further attempt to take payment from the registered payment card within 2 days of the initial payment failure.  During this time you would have been unable to use data, as the Application uses a small amount of data and PAYG Plus is managed through the Application you would have needed to use a WiFi connection.

The plan has been paused now and you need to go onto the Application and choose payments and proceed from there with the same card making sure the payment won't fail or register an alternative card, this will get your plan activated again for you to use the 30 day allowances.  

If you have any questions, the information is here : PAYG Plus 

To add: Take a look at the BVB PAYG, I always think these give much more flexibility where you can top up over the Application before the credit runs out.  PAYG 

Seriously! How arrogant!

The reason why it failed is because the card issuer issued a new card, told Vodafone who changed the details to that card. Vodafone sent me a message to say they had done that and it was all fine.

I assume the payment failed because the card did not arrive and was therefore not activated.

So exactly how is this all my fault?

Why is there no way to fix that without the Internet access Vodafone were denying?

Why does the make a complaint option on 2345 just hang up?

Why can't you just accept its a terrible experience and tell your managers that customers hate it instead of trying to defend the imo indefensible?

AnnS

It might be worth remembering I was trying to help get your service back online, I have not be arrogant in my reply and have been very polite.

You would have gone onto payments on the Application and updated the card details but not sure why anyone would update card details on a card that hadn't been received and activated and made the change if the previous card details were still online, Vodafone would have attempted to take payment from the new registered card in the following two days.  

To make sure the new card details are on the account and you have all your services for account access drop the Social Team a message through social channels here: Contact Us 

Honestly, you're making a lot of assumptions that are just incorrect.

1. I received an email from Vodafone saying they had updated the account with the new card. That was still on its way to me.

2. There were no indicators that there was a problem until Vodafone cut me off.

3. The only way I could resolve it was to go home so I could get the app online and manually enter the OLD card details again.

But what's the use. Trying to raise anything with Vodafone is like talking to a brick wall. Why can't they take customer feedback? If a customer is angry there is a reason and it's not always the customer's fault.