cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Split Port since July 2019 never been fixed.

howley20
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I moved from EE to Vodafone back in July 2019.

The port of my number didn't go to plan and since then I have had a a split port.

This has resulted in my phone having 2 telephone numbers. The temporary number the SIM came with and my own ported number.

This has obviously been a problem as when people ring me on my number they say it rings and i don't answer, when in fact my phone hasn't rung at all as Vodafone will randomly throughout the day switch between the temp number and my own number. Friends and family say i text randomly throughout the day from one number then another. I will sometimes receive a text but only occasionally and normally a day or two after it had been sent.

This has been going on since July 2019 and it has never been fixed even after multiple attempts of re-porting my number and a sim swap, even different handsets doesn't help.

I've been on technical after technical (chats, calls) and calls to the porting team multiple times, which also included one of your customer support porting team (just recently)tell me my number doesn't even exist (that was a new one) but couldn't explain how i was calling her on the number that didn't exist (get your head round that)

I was on the phone to customer support and the porting team again (monday)and they say some files have never been fully ported over from EE as EE had held onto them back in july 2019 which has caused the line to split. Now I have heard this all before on previous attempts to get this sorted  and i have held out little hope over the past 72hrs (estimated time to re-port and fix) that this time would make any difference.

As its now been nearly 72hrs and i'm still not receiving texts and the fact people are still having to call me on whichever number that i answer and message/call me via whatsapp and FB messenger that the problem still hasn't been fixed.

Do you think after 20 months of having to rely on whatsapp/FB for messages and calls that it clearly shows you aren't providing me with the service i have paid for? I'm having to think of workarounds all the time for how people can contact me. I've had people think i'm ignoring them via text and calls, i've missed business opportunities as they believed i have been ignoring them. I've become someone who communicates via email as i never know if my calls or texts are either getting through or coming through to me.

Its ridiculous that i've been paying all this time for a service that i'm not getting. Surely i should be able to do something basic like being able to make and receive calls and send and receive texts? The only thing you have actually provided me during my contract is internet and that is nowhere near the advertised speeds as at best i get 8mb  (i'm on the unlimited max plan)

So i've been paying nearly £50 a month on slow internet and a split port for the past 20 months.

And get this Vodafone on one of the many calls i had on monday to 191 after explaining the issue again to one of your customer support reps they tried to flog me another line!!!! Like i should be buying another line to make up for the existing line that doesn't work. I mean could your staff sell any harder or stoop any lower? I mean who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to be ripped off again? Seriously your answer to my problem was the telephone line that you provide doesn't work so i should just buy another line to fix the problem.

Do you think any of this is acceptable Vodafone?

9 REPLIES 9

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @howley20. I'm sorry for the poor experience you've had with us. This isn't acceptable service at all. We're unable to discuss accounts over the forum as it's public, but we'd definitely like to take a look into your account with you so we can get this resolved once and for all for you

Please send our Social Media team a message with a link to this forum post so you won't need to repeat yourself and they'll be able to liaise with the porting team on your behalf to get to the bottom of this for you

Just had a call back from technical they have spoken to the porting team and they are now having to escalate it to the higher technical team and i should be hearing from them within the next 3-5 working days. So will wait and see. Obviously i want it to work, but i seriously doubt its going to be fixed. Should i hold off contacting social media team until i hear back from the higher technical?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As you've been advised to expect a call, I'd suggest holding off from contacting the Social Media team for now, but if you don't receive the promised call, drop us a message and we can chase this up for you.

Hello I’ve not received a call from the higher technical team. Any chance you could see what’s happening?

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

In that case, definitely contact the Social Media team.   If you put in a link to this thread, you won't have to repeat yourself with full details of the issue.

Well the problem still hasn't been fixed and I'm back to square one with your support staff on twitter asking questions like 'have you tried a sim swap' and saying 'it should've worked'.

They disconnected me completely from the vodafone network at the weekend to see if that would fix the problem. 

It hasn't.

This is why I just give up trying to fix it and just rely on whatsapp and FB messenger to communicate with family, friends etc.

Your twitter support staff are friendly and polite but that doesn't resolve my problem of never having a fully working service since July 2019.

Given the length of time and effort this has take you I’d be inclined to write to the CEO with a direct complaint. Not allowed to post email addresses on here but a quick Google can tell you who to email.

Within 24 hours of their complaints handlers will contact you back and case manage the issue until it’s resolved. 

If they then don’t resolve the issue I’d ask for a deadlock letter and escalate to Ofcom.

This should be really easy to fix and you shouldn’t have been without proper service for such a long time. 

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to escalate it to a formal complaint by doing what you said. 
It’s odd as I asked how to escalate it to a formal complaint yesterday on a DM via Twitter and I haven’t heard anything back.  
I’ll google the email and get it sent off too them. 
The last useful interaction with Vodafone happened on the 3rd March, she was a really lovely technical support agent and fully understood how bad this was and talked about compensation for the length of time I’ve gone without a basic working service. She gave me confidence that no matter what happened whether they got it working or not that they would resolve the situation to make sure I was happy. Clearly that hasn’t happened. 
This process has just done another Groundhog Day with the full 360 of going back to the generic support answers and no help when the problem doesn’t get fixed. 
So I’m off to go do a formal complaint. Thank you for your post explaining the whole complaints procedures with the deadlock letter that was really helpful!

Hi, I am having the same situation.

I moved from EE and I received a text from Vodafone saying “we are still waiting some information from EE to complete the porting.” .
I was advised to talk to the team and I was told to wait but it hasn’t happen..

I wonder if yours have been fixed.