cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My new number is not on my Vodafone account…

Kaerun
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have moved to Vodafone from anther network.

My number has been ported but I still see the temporary number on my account.

when I tap the number, it says “We are sorry, we can’t find this information.”.

I bought another line for my family, this popped up soon after the number was ported.

I wonder if they are having some problem on my number or account…

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kaerun 

The account has been registered for the original temporary number, it is always best to wait until a number has been ported before registering an online account.  Unfortunately, this is going to mean setting up a new account for the ported number and you will need to use alternative log in information from the original account.

I would recommend speaking with the Social Team through Twitter or Facebook channels with a link to the thread here: Contact Us they will be able to advise if it is possible to delete or amend the original account to show your ported number.

Thank you for the reply.

Sorry I didn’t explain enough.

I didn’t set up my account with my temporary number. I already had Vodafone account because I have Vodafone broadband.

When I went to a store to buy mobile contracts they added them to my existing Vodafone account.

One number on the account which I bought for my family has been successfully amended but my number is still my temporary number.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying further @Kaerun 👍 please get in touch with my team as @AnnS has mentioned above and we can check what's happening with your account. 

Thank you for the message.

I asked help through online chat. They said the status of the number is still “in progress” and I was told to wait until 5pm today.

I was told the same thing yesterday but it hasn’t been fixed..

I can use my telephone anyway so I will wait till 5pm…

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for coming back to me @Kaerun - if your number's still in the process of porting over then your account would usually update within 24 hours of this completing. 

For example, if today is your port date this transfer will complete by 5pm today and then your online account would usually update by 5pm tomorrow at the latest. 

Thank you for the info.

The date of portal of my number was yesterday and now my phone is working with my own number.

I bought one more contract for my family at the same time and I it appeared to my account just after 11am yesterday. So I was wondering why my number has been taking so long…

I also received the notices for my family number (before and after portal was carried out.), but nothing about my number…

I checked my account just now, but still no my number anyway.

I just got a text message from Vodafone. It says they are waiting for more info from my previous provider.

I was using pay as you go and I didn’t open the account with the provider, so maybe they don’t have my detail…

I am now very worried if they can’t provide the info Vodafone needs, do I lose my number?

I am using this number for a lot of things and I really don’t want to change my number now…

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please come and speak to my team on social media @Kaerun so we can check your account and clear everything up for you 🙂 

Just pop your Community username and a link to your post in your message, then you won't need to repeat yourself. 

Quick update.

I communicated with help line on twitter, they told me it’s still in progress and I need to wait until 5 pm.

It hasn’t been completed yet and I receive texts on both sims even my old sim says “no service”…

I don’t know if I should talk to them again or wait for a while.