Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still no Wifi Calling on Galaxy S21 Ultra

bigfoot651
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have just received the S21 ultra and wifi calling is still not working. The option is available in the settings but it just will not work. Spent over an hour in chat yesterday with tech support, they sent the settings to my phone 4 times, which I never received. In the end the "technician" said he would reset my network and send the settings again and this would solve the problem after 30 minutes. Needless to say I still don't have WiFi calling. Anyone know how to solve this?

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Calling Over Wi-Fi would only kick in if no network signal is available at all so try toggling on Flight Mode please to see if it then works.

The phone is that new its still not on the list of eligible phone's @bigfoot651 which could be causing the issue.

Calling Over Wi-Fi.  

Although that said we have cone across people who have phone's that still have worked even if it wasn't on the list or if the phone was not bought directly from Vodafone.

The help information I have on Calling Over Wi-Fi is …

Calling Over WiFi Set up. Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.

"Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have just received the S21 ultra and wifi calling is still not working. The option is available in the settings but it just will not work. Spent an hour in chat yesterday with tech support, they sent the settings to my phone 4 times, which I never received. In the end the "tech" guy said he would reset my network and send the settings again and this would solve the problem after 30 minutes. Needless to say I still don't have WiFi calling.

Is Wifi calling showing in the phone dialler app settings?

Yes, and it works fine if I put the sim card in my old galaxy note 9

BandOfBrothers

I'm thinking along the same lines as per my first reply @bigfoot651 that the s21 models haven't been included yet.

Was the phone supplied directly by Vodafone  ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The phone was brought directly from Vodafone, I also had Vodafone send the settings via OTA ( 4 times ) but in never received anything. The WiFi calling setting is visible in the dialer setting menu and I don't get a signal where I live so it should kick in straight away.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You don't see anything when the OTA settings are sent, it's all in the background.

I'd try again to remove wifi calling from your account in MyVodafone, wait till you get the text, reboot, re-add, get the text, reboot.

I bought my S21 Ultra from Samsung and Wifi calling works with Vodafone, just took my 5 days to find a competent person at Vodafone to send the update.

Out of interest is the Vodafone WiFi Calling just 'on or off' for you? as this is how it appears on what mine, but the EE 2nd sim I have also has a WiFi Calling 'Network Preference' option to choose between favouring WiFi or Network and as such the WiFi calling is lot more stable than the Vodafone which comes and goes all day and still tries to use the network even when the signal is dismal

Screenshot_20210215-170644_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

Yes. I just have an on/off setting under WiFi calling. If I turn it on I get a small 4G symbol in the top notification bar and if I turn it off there symbol disappears, however even with the 4G symbol I do not get a signal and if I try and make a call it says "not registered on network"