Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Swap phone need esim

krisd
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello there

I have been given a work phone that will take 2 sims, one is an esim and one is a normal sim.  I want to use this phone for both my numbers and both are Vodaphone.  One is work and the other is personal.  I am not a year into a contract atm and want to know if it is possible to move a number over from my present Samsung s20 to an iPhone 11 pro max esim?  I want to use the normal sim slot for my work number.  (I am sick of carrying 2 phones around all the time.

Thank you for your time in advance.

Kris

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @krisd 

I think the information in these links will help you get this sorted.

esim and How-do-I-activate-and-set-up-a-device-with-eSIM. and deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/activate-esim 

Customer services 191 or Live Chat or even the social media support team Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can guide you too.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Is the device actually dual-SIM, or will only one type or the other work at one time?  eSIMs are in their infancy (relatively) and I haven't come across dual-SIM being implemented this way, though that's not to say it hasn't been.   It's certainly common for devices that take physical SIMs to be dual, although the second slot is usually either SIM or sd card.

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Should have no issues. You won't get 5G on either SIM though when you have dual SIM running, until iOS 14.5 is out, hopefully next month. The public beta was released last night for it so it is coming.