Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching number

sallelli
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am still in contract until 2023. Can I move my number to another provider and be allocated another number for this contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately not @sallelli , clever idea though.  The number is committed to the contract, as soon as the number was moved it would leave the existing contract numberless and immediately generate the early termination charge.

If you would like to know the termination charges text INFO from the information here: Leaving 

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Unfortunately not @sallelli , clever idea though.  The number is committed to the contract, as soon as the number was moved it would leave the existing contract numberless and immediately generate the early termination charge.

If you would like to know the termination charges text INFO from the information here: Leaving 

That’s a pity. Just having a shuffle round of phones for Christmas. Not trying to terminate the contract just thought they could allocate a new number? 

If I change the contract over to my old number from 3 which is out of contract what happens to old number? Can’t I request that?

Nabs

@sallelli wrote:

If I change the contract over to my old number from 3 which is out of contract what happens to old number? Can’t I request that?

Do you mean port in your old number from 3 onto your Vodafone contract?
I think your current Vodafone number would be lost and your contract updated to use the number ported in. 
I do not believe there is a mechanism to request your old number back, would be nice if there was though!