Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Terrible trade-in offer

tomaszek
2: Seeker

D296652C-95E4-492F-AD73-B389B57078AE.jpeg

 I’m being offered £90 for an iPhone 12 Pro 128gb because the trade-in software is saying that my screen is showing signs of damage! It has been kept in a case and screen protector ever since I have got it, not even the slightest scratch on the screen or phone itself  so this offer is terrible.

6 REPLIES 6

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tomaszek - thanks for posting. The tests that you’ve gone through, check the quality of the screen and the responsiveness. It then tests the accuracy and response time of the screen.

With you not agreeing with what the tests have found, it might be worth doing this again with the screen protector removed or one of our colleagues in a Vodafone store could do it for you.

chistery
16: Advanced member

Sell it elsewhere, plenty of other places, like one is offering £363 for one in poor condition, or £485 for good are out there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The big chain of second hand shops is always my first port of call when trading in. You get cash in hand.

It's only worth trading in with a network when they offer a bonus amount on top during promotions, same with manufacturer.

chistery

Vodafone appear to be engaging in a cunning internet scam that claims your phone is damaged to offer you a lower price to avoid paying their highest trade-in price guarantee.

Nothing wrong with my S22 Ultra screen, but Vodafone deem it faulty. Nice try!

Never buy a handset from Vodafone, you will regret it.

Richard_32

I had a similar thing.  offered £105 for a phone in excellent condition. did it 3 times to make sure it was right.  Went to the local store to get them to put it through the tests  and they didn't want to know.  said they weren't trained din using it so would need to do it via the app.  will be selling mine via a third party now. 

mayyashforum

The trade in tool is the one that shows signs of damage.. 

I got a similar diagnostic on my brand new s22 ultra.. saying the screen is showing sings of damage.. yeh right