cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The Classic, Phone is in stock on line and service agent confirms only, it's not....

AFM
4: Newbie

Not that this is relevant but, I've been a Vodafone customer ever since I had my first Nokia, way back in 1999 and generally, 191 has sucked, occasionally they have been good though.

However, I am due an upgrade, online stock confirms delivery in 4-6 working days, service agent on 191 says yes, within 4-6 working days. So, why does my order confirmation clearly state that it's not in stock? At this point, I'm annoyed. So run the order number through the status checking and it states on back order, this is getting my dander up! (michael take in the extreme) anyway, Start an online chat with a service agent explained all, and they categorically stated it would be delivered in 4-6 working days. Or I could look at another phone. That option never ceases to amaze me, I ordered the phone I did because I wanted that one, not a different one of a different brand, I wanted the one I ordered.

I even had a text from the original service agent confirming 4-6 working days whilst in the online chat.

So, where's this going? Well, it remains to be seen as to whether it does turn up in the next 4-6 days or not but, it's just not on stating one thing and then confirmation of something else.  Bit of whinge but 191 strikes again at managing to lie and upset customers, long standing customers too (not that that should make any different).

I suppose at least you didn't do what CPW did when I upgraded through them over 2 years ago, through there shear incompetence, Vodafone near had to complete delete my number and it took over 2 months to correct it. To some, changing numbers is nothing and it doesn't bother them, to me though, I've had this number for years and I'm not changing it especially through someone else's screw up.

And finally,...

The Employee's Advantage Discount Scheme.  This was always quite good, after all, I received 15% off my bill and you always applied for the discount afterwards. Not knowing the system has changed and that you now have to do it online at the time or ordering and, that it's only off part of the bill, almost seems like Vodafone are trying hard for you not to do it. I'm really not going to be cancelling and sending back after the fact that it's on back order as it is although will allegedly will be delivered next week.  I get it about following protocol but cancelling and then sending the handset back, only to be sent another hand set is ludicrous, farcical.

By changing the way in which the EAD is applied, it picks up the anomaly, whereby if your phone number was originally taken out from a Vodafone store and not a VF number through CWH, you could still get the EAD discount which is worth having as its about £10 a month as it was on the total cost per month, not just on airtime.

Feeling like a turkey that's caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him.

5 REPLIES 5

AFM
4: Newbie

Minor up date. Tracking now says 'confirmed' and not on back order. Been like that for a few days now. What does that even mean?  Asked on chat when will it be dispatched and was informed in the next 3-5 working days. Hmm, that's longer than the original time. Consistent vodafone, consistent.

I am amazed. My handset actually turned up and, it was a day earlier than quoted! Happy chicken.

Mine is taking for ever en been waiting for 5 weeks now for the iPhone 13 pro max been stuck on order confirmed since the 17th of October driving me up the wall it would take 5 mins for someone to manually pick it 

5 weeks is a crazy amount of time to wait. I'd possibly look for an alternative means for the handset and contract and weigh up whether its worth getting it elsewhere quickly or holding out. 

Thanks for the reply buddy. Basically because I have waited so long now I feel I am close to the last stages where I get it and I jave signed the credit agreement and paid the 49 pounds upfront payment. On top of that I am already on another contract with vodphone and paying Bill's with them so didnt want to use another company, because apart from this issue vodphone have been really good. I placed my order on the 23rd of October and it was on back order until the 17th of November. And I was promised delivery on the 22nd then today and it's still not been even dispatched from their warehouse. The annoying thing is they have my iphone sat in the warehouse ready for dpd to collect it, but my order is stuck apparently so someone needs to pick my order manually but getting this done seems impossible because know one is bothered to go and pick it manually. I will call the complaints team again tomorrow morning and hopefully they can chase it up with the warehouse and get someone to pick it manually. Glad you got your phone sorted wish me luck thanks buddy