Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to receive verification text messages after change of number

Santa500
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Im having problems using my number for text message services, for instance it won’t allow me to setup my online banking using my new number or using 2 step authentication using my gmail. I am not receiving the text messages to set up the service.  I have no problem receiving texts from friends.

the issue started when I changed my number using the pac process, number switch absolutely fine but I now have this issue.

I’ve spend hours texting back and forth with voda tech support, they’ve unfortunately not been able to help me. I’m going to try them again tomorrow. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice or direction on who to email would be greatly appreciated.

29 REPLIES 29

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for keeping us updated @Santa500 - please pop a message back to our last one, I've added a note to the conversation so we can investigate it further for you 🙂 Thanks 

I’ve had my SIM card changed. Still not working.

the port teams spend 4 days checking line and still not working. 

can someone please advice. Everyone outside of the port team tell me the port is missing files, when I speak to the port team they say all is fine. I’ve spend hours on this and I’m still at square 1. 

We're sorry to hear that this is still not working @Santa500. We can see that you've sent us a new social media message, this will get picked up by one of the team and they'll continue the investigation. 

I am still awaiting a resolution to this problem. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved yet @Santa500. If you reply to our latest message in the conversation we've been having with you through our social channels, we'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.

They closed the case and move to a different team. I’ve had no reply. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know @Santa500 - I've reached out the agent who's been looking into this for you and someone will be in touch soon. 

Where else do I go from here? Day 55 and Vodafone haven’t heard back, I’ve asked support to message again, nothing. Can I escalate this complaint further? Nothing is being done. I don’t believe this time period is acceptable. 

every time I message support now I get someone new who has no idea about my current situation and I have to explain it to them! 

Hey @Santa500 Please get in touch with the Social Media team here so we can get this chased up for you. 

Hello,

Sorry to bother you, but did you get to solve the issue after that.

And if you did can you please share it with us.