Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade “stuck”. Got new phone, still old contract, Vodafone can’t solve issue

Alisonmoragt
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Upgraded 7 weeks ago. Got new phone in store, spoke to 15+ Vodafone call handlers , director’s office staff, emailed, complained, social media chats…. No one is able to help!! I’m still paying my old contract and I’ve been told 7 weeks doesn’t make me a priority. 

Really frustrated and affecting my wellbeing now- I work for nhs and am struggling with any extra hassle of late and no matter how hard I try, I can’t get my contract updated- ironically I am paying less than I should be and no one seems to understand I have a concern about owing anyone. Vodafone customer complaints service is really poor though- I have so many dates, names, promises and no resolution- can anyone please please help or suggest what I do?? Has upgrades with issues before but quickly resolved previously. Please help this very stressed nurse if you can. Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Team's also help with Customer Complaints as part as a liaison team.

Did you fill out the Complaints Form to create a paper trail.

If not then I'd suggest to do so … complaints/code-of-practice. 

I'd still persevere with customer services on 191 and Live Chat and keep the transcripts and keep on with the Vodafone Social Media Team's.  

Raising a complaint means Vodafone have 8 weeks to resolve this or they'll issue a Deadlock Letter so you can ask the Communications Ombudsman to arbitrate. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks- I have tried the threads to social media too. Lovely replies, nice people, but another hour of life I won’t get back. 

it is 8 weeks today, at which point I fear I may have to contact the ombudsman, which I know will be more stress, but I honestly don’t know what else to do.

I almost feel like a stalker I have called so many times, to he told “the back office has never seen this issue before and have no idea how to resolve “. I’m at my wits end, but appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thanks 

I appreciate this is emotionally draining @Alisonmoragt 

Please Stay the course to get this resolved.

As I mentioned the Communications Ombudsman is possibly the next logical step to get this resolved.

www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/communications Ombudsman. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Alisonmoragt 👋 I apologise if our replies over on social media are slower than expected, we're not always able to respond instantly, but we'll always get back to you. I really appreciate your patience with us so far 👍
I've had a quick look and I can see that your conversation has been picked up by the team, we'll certainly do our best to try and get this resolved for you as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your message- not sure if you read the thread but I’ve had a multitude of staff trying to look at this and resolve whatever the issue is, in the last 7 weeks since my upgrade.

My gripe isn’t with social media it is with the fact that after all these emails, calls and messages with a list of over 15 people all promising to do their best, not one person actually seems to be able to sort whatever the problem is- I was even told last week that the back office staff have never had this issue before and have no idea what is going on. 12 days on from that chat and I’ve all but lost faith in Vodafone customer services. Sorry, but in reality how much time should one customer spend communicating in a variety of ways without any resolution?

Thanks 

We do understand @Alisonmoragt and we're really sorry for the experience that you've had trying to get this sorted. We've checked the social media conversation and it looks like one of the team is working on getting this resolved, as soon as there is an update, they will let you know 🙂

AnnS

Hi @Alisonmoragt 

Vodafone launched Evo plans mid June where you would have needed to take out a phone plan and an airtime plan.  See here: Evo 

I wouldn't be surprised if this is where the mistake on your account has been made, you have the phone plan without the added airtime plan.

It not surprising you are finding this frustrating, and someone at Vodafone needs to take ownership and get mistake rectified.  We depend on our NHS staff.

I know you have already tried but the Social Team are part of Customer Relations and can be contacted here: Contact Us they will have all the necessary account account and will be able to get this solved.  The Team will be able to take the issue to deadlock up the point of escalation should this need to be referred to the Ombudsman but no doubt this thread will be read by the Team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. My upgrade wasn’t sold as this, but I am aware my phone and pay monthly are separate on this new system. 
I can’t believe how useless and unsympathetic the director’s office have been - if there isn’t an update on the system when I call, that’s it- wait on the next update. I admit my own health hasn’t been great the last few months due to the stress of Covid on the nhs staff this last 18 months and am dealing with that, but this is really pressing my buttons and o cannot get it resolved. I owe Vodafone and they can’t see that might bother someone. I’m scared to get someone else involved as I spent more than an hour sending messages earlier today, as asked, to the team via Facebook, with no resolution. It’s really frustrating. Wish now I’d bought a phone from Apple and had the guts to take me puk code and transfer to a company lije Talk mobile which uses the Vodafone network/ however I stupidly believed I was better off sticking with Vodafone and paying more. I have no idea how to sort this now and have a huge list of names of calls and emails and am no further forward. Thank you again 

AnnS

Yes @Alisonmoragt 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Social Team through Facebook are investigating this and that is the reason they have not come back to you, also there is the weekend, I just bet you will get a reply by the beginning of the working week.

By coming to this forum you have found the place to get this solved, the Team will get to the thread and will be able to find out what is happening with your account.