Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Username and password

BSM48
4: Newbie

I have just been through trauma where my account username was changed twice and my password three times by Vodafone agents. They have had to set me up a new account.

As part of the saga I was told that usernames and passwords must be in capitals. I have seen no notifications about this anywhere but have a transcript of the agent's chat.

Can anyone shed any light on this mess?

Further to the above I have tried to change my username from the one that the agent applied but every one I try is rejected as already in use. This stretches credibility to the limits. The page for changing the username also does not show any limitations on case, characters, format etc.

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've not come across where the username has to be in capital's either @BSM48 

Maybe there trying all ways of getting the account set up !

Was there a problem with your account  ?

There's no account access via this forum but the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries could help as they do have account access. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I changed my plan to SIM-only when I had paid for my phone. Then I couldn't access my on-line account and the MyVodafone app on my phone stopped working. Further to that SpendManager had been set such that I couldn't text to premium addresses, make international calls etc, etc.

It took two chat sessions to get it sorted and then I had to wait 48 hours while they cancelled my account in order for me to set it up again. But after 48 hours it wouldn't let me set up a new account because my device number was already registered. Total shambles.

BandOfBrothers

Well that certainly isn't as seamless as it supposed to be @BSM48  !

Maybe do let the Social Media Team's take a look.

Current Phone  >

If I hadn't got my land-line and broadband with Vodafone I would have cancelled on the spot. But it's very difficult getting to anyone in authority to complain. Chat agents are bound by Vodafone processes and I feel sorry for them. They're always very helpful within their limitations.

Social Media Teams - who they?

I don't do FB, Twitter etc.

BandOfBrothers

They are the Team that are here on the Community Forum but they can only help with access to accounts enquiries via Twitter or Facebook @BSM48 @

Setting up a twitter account takes minutes and can be deactivated later just as easily if that helps.

If that's not a viable option then the only other routes are via 191 or Live Chat.

The final option would be via complaints. 

Current Phone  >

I am now on my third chat session. I am on my fifth username. I have countless temporary passwords. And I still can't access my account.

If I ask the system to remind me what my username is it provides it. Then the system says that it doesn't recognise it!!

According to the chat agent usernames must be in caps. It also appears it won't accept special characters such as #. But they won't release the format and content rules for a username.

I also don't seem able to escalate the problem to anyone in charge.

Hi @BSM48, we're sorry that you are still having an issue gaining access to your online account, have you tried setting the username as your e-mail address that is registered on the account? The account might need to be sent to online account team for a cleanse, we know that you don't use Social Media but our live chat or customer care team over the phone should be able to help with this. 

Hi @MarkD

Thanks for the response.

Having just completed my third chat session in 3 weeks I have been face-to-face with a different agent each time.

One of the attempts at setting my username was to use my e-mail address (all in caps). That didn't work. I then tried my initials (in caps) followed by the first 5 digits of my mobile number. That didn't work. We then tried my birth date mixed up with my initials even 'though I pointed out that that was not secure enough and was potentially giving away personal data. That didn't work. I have been told that my username must be in caps. I have asked why this is the case but they merely say that the system requires it. I have asked what the format and content rules are for usernames but they won't provide that apart from the all caps rule. I have tried using # in my username but they won't tell me if that is the special character that rejects it.

I am now having to wait for the "back office" team to resolve the issue which will probably result in a clean down and new set up. They tried that after the second chat session and it didn't work.

I have no way of contacting anyone in authority other than the CEO. Chat agents are bound by their internal processes and the vagaries of a ##~## system.