Ask

Solution

Vodafone Customer Service

SamBrett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of help. 

A few weeks ago, my partner received a text saying that her mobile and our broadband were due for renewal. She called up, arranged the new contracts and an engineer to get full fibre. On the date the engineer was due to install the full fibre (9th Jan 2024), nobody arrived. 

Concerned, she called back and was told a system error was blocking the upgrade and to wait 24 hours. After this, we realised her mobile network also hadn't been working since we made the first call to vodafone, she couldn't receive texts or calls or make any outbound.  And of course with two factor authentication, she can't login in to her bank, emails or text the kids. She then went in to a physical store and was told to try a new sim, which she did, and buy a new phone, which we did.

The troubleshooting did not resolve it and at this point we just wanted to leave vodafone. We raised a complaint (ref:91751330), and vodafone cancelled our broadband, however the secondary complaint which is being dealt with by the mobile team have said we need to pay a £350 termination fee. The team don't seem to realise that we haven't used the service, she hasn't signed up a to a contract (because of the system error) and there is no resolution that would keep us with vodafone.

We are finding it challenging to speak to anyone who can help, vodafone want us to keep paying them money and even a termination fee which is honestly laughable. 

Any thoughts or ideas on how we can get her life back would be helpful.

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The problem is this is already with the Complaints Team @SamBrett , where you have been assigned a case handler. 

Just about the only thing you would be able to do is to send the Social Team here on the forum a message through social channels by following this information Contact Us , they would be able to find the progress of your complaint but wouldn't be able to intervene.

Thanks Ann, trouble is the complaints handler really isn't understanding what has happened, and so we have effectively no recourse to try and resolve this. I want to go to the dispute resolution service, but they aren't issuing a deadlock letter. I'm certain a sane pair of eyes will look at our case and realise the catastrophic muck up vodafone has caused. The total irony is that this all started by us trying to stay with Vodafone. The subsequent horrendous service is what has driven us away.