Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone didn't cancel my pre-order

Christopherjz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I pre-ordered the S21 ultra a couple of weeks ago. 

The next day I decided I'd prefer a different model, so I contacted Vodafone. They told me they had cancelled my initial order and placed a new one for the model I wanted. About a week passed and I checked my order status. Two active orders were there. I called Vodafone again and told them they should have cancelled one of the orders. They told me they could see the cancellation request but it hadn't been actioned so they went ahead and did it again. They said it can take up to3 days. 

Today I got an email saying my phone has been dispatched. Odd because I wasn't expecting it till the 29th. Looked on my orders and they have sent out the phone I cancelled and I still have an outstanding pre-order for the one I actually want. Furthermore the account has been set up in my Vodafone.

How can I fix this?  

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm afraid your going to need to approach customer services again or the Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as there is no account access via this forum.

If the phone is indeed delivered then you have two choices.

1. Reject it and make sure you get some signed official documentation from the courier. Make a note if his name and van registration number.

2. Accept it and then phone Vodafone Customer services and arrange for a Returns Bag under the 14 day cooling off period.

Personally I'd opt for option 2 so you know the phone is sent back by you @Christopherjz 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply @BandOfBrothers the phone never arrived. When I checked the DPD tracking reference it said the phone was on its way back to Vodafone. It had made it all the way up to my local delivery centre though. 

The account is still showing as active on my Vodafone so I'm going to have to give them a call about it when I get a chance... not a great start. 

Thanks again

You're very welcome @Christopherjz 

Well that's the better option that Vodafone managed to get the phone turned around back to them.

It may take a few days for your account to update but Yes please do contact customer services and they'll officially clarify.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So it seems you were right @BandOfBrothers Vodafone are saying they haven't received the phone back and DPD are saying they delivered it to Vodafone on the 27th. So I don't know where I stand at the moment. I fail to see how any of this is my problem as I cancelled the order 2 weeks before they shipped it and it was recalled en route to me so I've never even seen the phone. 

Any ideas? Customer service just pass me around different departments before dropping the call. 

hrym

There's a reasonable chance this will sort itself out once the phone is logged back in.   In the meantime, print out (or screen grab) the DPD information so that you have proof of that.

If nothing's happened in a day or two, drop a note to the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter.   They can take the details and investigate offline for you, rather than passing you around while you hang on the other end of the phone or a chat session.   You'll also then have an audit trail of having put the whole thing in writing.

prodigualson
4: Newbie

I did the same thing as you, ordered a pre order, tried to cancel to change the phone capacity and it was a pure nightmare. 

First the returns team told me it was not possible to cancel an order once it was in "open" status. But what happened, is that on the day the phone was supposed to be delivered, it went back to Vodafone automatically (received the DPD delivery notification but in the morning the delivery tracker showed the parcel was being returned to vodafone). 

But I needed to place a PRE order, so I had to talk to Returns team again so that they would cancel the order entirely manually ( by a team leader) so that I could place a new upgrade order. 

Nothing is simple with Vodafone. 

Yeah sounds like we did the exact same thing. I switched to the 512gb from the 256. Vodafone still haven't sorted it out. I spoke to them today and they said that they can't do anything until they have the device back. I'm gonna wait for a few more days and see if they update their systems. They definitely have it back. Maybe the warehouse is busy with all the s21 pre orders? 

On a separate note, does your WiFi calling work? Mine doesn't. Tried everything and the option is not in the menu. Again, actually  speaking to Vodafone to try and sort this is soul destroying. So I'm considering sending the phone back and going elsewhere. 

Yes WIFI calling is working for me. I have the option and I can see the WIFI calling icon in the notification bar from time to time. I wish you luck with Vodafone. 
I've had only issues with them. I placed a OneNumber order as I have an LTE smart watch but the order is stuck and has been stuck for 4 days, no one can help! Ridiculous. 

How did you get on with your order? 

I decided to return my device and leave Vodafone. I just seem to have issue after issue with them and I dont have the patience to deal with their customer service department. I got a text regarding my trade in, there was supposed to be a link in the myvodafone app which wasnt there. customer service didn't have a clue what I was talking about and kept redirecting me to the trade in page of the website. 

I then got through to the returns department and they weren't bothered about my issues with the network and just processed the return without even asking what the issues were. Useless company. good luck with your order!