Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone trying to get me to buy another phone

lunwin54
2: Seeker

I have been with Vodafone for ages now, in fact my whole family have

I took a phone to a shop as it was overheating when charging and would switch off sometimes

i got a letter back to say it was moisture damaged and beyond repair, and i would not get a replacement, despite being under 1 year old and on contract

The phone has not been near any moisture. it literally just was dead one day

Vodafone said they sent it to engineers and the phone was dead

Attached is the letter i received and also a photo of the phone right now after 5 minutes of trying to get my photos off it

So much for vodafone trying hard to repair it, and am extremely annoyed at being told its moisture damage, when all it had been was in my pocket, same as everyone else does who has a phone, if the A51 can not survive being in a pocket, you have serious problems with your phones.

I shall be making a formal complaint to head office  and to trading standards, as all you are doing is trying to get more money out of me, no intention of ever trying to fix it

I even had an email saying it would be sent to the shop and they would contact me, it arrived next day at my house, in useless packaging, shows again no intention other than to get me to buy a new phone

will look to move provider as this is poor by any standards, we have all had tough years financially, not just vodafone

Lelia

7 REPLIES 7

lunwin54

Lets be honest, no effort was made to repair a phone that was "moisture damaged" by being in a pocket, if the phone cant survive that, then surely you are selling inadequate goods for use.

If you know the phone can get condensation which isnt covered by warranty, i would have thought that was not far off of illegal to provide the phone under the terms of your warranty, 

The phone was used as it would be by anyone,  

I thought when a phone went off for repair, it was supposed to be wiped?  Well all my data is still on there, from photos to personal info, it shows no attempt was made to fix it.

If this is how Vodafone treat long standing customers, then may be a better network is needed by me

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

My advice @lunwin54 is to regain ownership of the phone and pop into a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre and just ask them to look at it for you.

It's upto you if you want to say what the Vodafone Repair House has advised about your A51.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I'll second @BandOfBrothers advice.   I haven't seen the moisture issue for some time, but in the past, it mostly seems to have affected Samsung devices and there have been plenty of reports of them doing repairs under warranty if they can see that the problem isn't caused by water.

It's worth pointing out that, as a 3rd party repairer, Vodafone are prohibited by the manufacturers from doing warranty work if the moisture sensors are triggered, and they also can't tell you this, though we can.   When you take the phone to Samsung, don't mention that Vdoafone have already refused a repair - let them do their own examination.

AnnS

Yes @hrym 

Exactly as I advised in my replies when I recommend to speak to the manufacturer. 

hrym

Sorry, @AnnS, I missed that you'd said it as well.   That makes it unanimous!

I checked the moisture sensor on my Samsung A51. 

It says moisture damage will show a red line, there is no red line

The most annoying thing, is Vodafone said the phone was beyond repair, well since it came back and i managed to get it turned on, its worked perfectly

To me, that shows Vodafone made no attempt to fix it, and are just after customers having to spend out more on a new phone, than by providing a decent service which involves trying to repair it.

Engineers had the phone less than 24 hours, so no real effort was made.

Very disappointing, 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @lunwin54 

Samsung also offer a doorstep repair service for certain models.

Samsung Repair. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.