cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why are Vodafone trying to take cancellation fee???

StarUser14
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had cancelled my contract with vodafone and they sent me a message saying I have within 30 days to change it and received a PAC code. Now they are telling me that i have to pay a cancellation fee of over £400 because I was supposed to do this 14 days after. I cannot believe this, and the customer service representative I talked to was very unhelpful. I have two sims now I have to pay even though I followed all the steps.  

1000127022.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You have 30 days to use a PAC. If you cancel when in contract, you pay the termination fee.

What was the original contract end date and what date did you terminate it?

Tal

Hi @StarUser14,  I'm really sorry to hear about your experience with us when you wanted to cancel your contract. We do have a 14 day return period in place where the customer can return the item or contract in that period without paying the termination fee, for mor information about the policy please visit here.

If the team sent you a PAC, then it should be used within that time frame so you can keep your number and move it where you want, but if you wanted to fully cancel in the 14 day period the team should be able to do that without the need for the PAC.

Please contact us here, so we can look into the cancellation request and help get this resolved for you.