Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why cant I reduce my monthy bill?

P_NEILSON
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I cant believe that I cannot reduce my monthly bill, especially during these harsh financial times. I have started a new job in the NHS emergency services and I am now in a position where I will struggle to pay my current tariff.

I spoke to a customer services advisor to request if i could be moved to a comparable plan currently on offer for ten pound less a month than I am paying. I was told that that would not be possible.

I then inquired into the option of removing unlimited data and entertainment from my tariff in an effort to reduce my bill, i was told that this would also not be an option.

I cannot afford to buy myself out of my contract, so i can see no option but to try and pay my bill and not default on my payments until i can afford to leave and move to a more empathetic network provider.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Yes @P_NEILSON it would be a a big help to be able to start a contract and then pay less due to harsh financial times. Unfortunately, you have to keep to the agreement and continue to pay the monthly airtime.  Any network would treat you the same.

If you are on an Evo contract, the only thing to do is pay off the device part of the contract, you will then be released from the airtime part of the contract and this would continue on a month to month 30 day basis until you cancelled.  Understandably, that would mean having the money to pay off the device part of contract.

Times are difficult at the moment, if you find you have difficulties paying the bill, speak to Vodafone first.  Vodafone offer support here: Bill and Payment Support 

It may be worth dropping the Social Team a message here, they may be able to offer some advise Contact Us 

Hi Ann, thanks for your advice.

having spoke to customer services further, they have agreed some measures to help me out till the end of my contract.

Hopefully they can do the same for anyone else in a similar financial position,

thanks