Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why so difficult to leave?

jack-sparrow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My contract is finally coming to an end so I decided it was time to look elsewhere. I discovered that Ofcom have recently simplified the process - texting PAC to 65075 should instantly get me my PAC code so that I don't have to go through the protracted process of speaking to someone at length. The other benefit is being able to leave immediately after the contract end date rather than being charged for some notice period. 

I tried this, however Vodafone insisted that I call 191 to go through 'security checks'. Why is this? I tried on a friend's phone and O2 managed this simple request without issue. Feeling that my hand was forced, I then had to suffer ten minutes of some individual trying to flog me all sorts I was not interested in, only to then act as though I had insulted his family when I insisted on just wanting my PAC code. Ten minutes of my life I will never get back. Exactly the sort of thing I was trying to avoid and why Ofcom has put this in place for good reason.

The new service comes direct from Ofcom and I am struggling to understand why Vodafone feels empowered to stop me from being able to avail of it. This level of 'service' only serves to reaffirm why it is time to move on and away!

There is another service where INFO to 85075 tells you about early termination fees and such, however the same - 'security checks'. What a waste of time.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

In short the new process is supposed to take out the lengthy process of leaving via the ways described in How-do-I-get-a-PAC-or-STAC-code-to-leave-Vodafone.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams read all posts here and I'm sure will provide the feedback from your recent experience @jack-sparrow 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

This isn't good to hear at all @jack-sparrow and I'm sorry you've had this experience, when requesting to cancel your contract with us. We aim to make all the requests from our customers as simple and easy as possible. I'm sorry this hasn't been the case with your experience and I certainly appreciate your feedback. We'll be sure to pass this onto our dedicated team, to help improve our customers journey moving forward. We hope to see you back on our network in the near future 🤞