Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

facebook meessenger not connecting on mobile data

Boundstone23
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a Samsung 10+ on Vodafone monthly contract 15gb allowance.

I can not use Facebook messenger to message or do Video calls unless on WIFI

WhatsApp works fine.

So why cant i  connect to Messenger, it use to work fine when i first got the phone.

I have uninstalled Facebook / Messenger and reset Phone to Factory Settings 

I have reinstalled everything to no avail. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

To help rule out your phone that could be the issue can you try your sim card in another phone @Boundstone23 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Boundstone23 

Trying your SIM in an alternative phone is certainly a good place to start, indeed this is recommended by Vodafone with further troubleshooting tips on the following link: Network Issues If you refer to the link, there is a pro forma for you to complete and copy and paste the results back on the thread to give an example of the issue for investigation.

I would be inclined to put this down to a network issue, for video calling you need a good steady, preferably 4G reception.  This may also be something simple like a replacement SIM will solve.

You don't mention if you are trying to connect through the Application, try accessing through the main site here: https://www.facebook.com/ you can also save this as a bookmark on your phone.

LAGONDA66
1: Seeker

Hi, the problem is if you have Vodafones secure net active it will prevent you from connecting to  social media, turn off secure net,, hope this helps

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LAGONDA66, Secure Net wouldn't block you accessing social media sites Such a Twitter, Facebook, or using the Messenger service. You can deactivate Secure Net without contacting us using the My Vodafone app or online here.