Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

honor updates

phionex99
4: Newbie

hi there i have a honor magic 4 5g using android 11 it just updated to october security  patch level + i have a honor 70 and it is still on aurgust security  patch level / figure that out the honor 70 cost more and is using android 12 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yessss got the security updates today and some phone mod updates

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

phionex99
4: Newbie

the honor 70 is a 480 quiod phone of u not a cheap phone if vodaphone dont let any security updates to the phone and firmware updates then vodapone will have to fix any problems that my phone is unsecure

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@phionex99 

Did Vodafone supply the phone directly to you or did you purchase it sim free ?

If sim free then Vodafone wouldn't have any involvement to when the update is pushed. This would be at the hands of the manufacturer.

I get that networks want to test software to ensure it does not clash with it's network apps and features, however the software then should be sent out post haste especially as many include security patches which are important.

It shouldn't matter whether the phone us a mid-range phone or a flagship phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

i got both of them on contract with vodafone honor magic 4 lite 5g this one is up to date and honor 70 is not

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for clarifying @phionex99 

I hope you recieve the update post haste.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Manufacturers themselves sometimes appear not to apply updates logically.  I have a Moto G8+ which is stuck on Android 10, although some other models in the range did apparently get 11.

I suspect it may come down to popularity - they do the best selling ones first and then sometimes the other variants fall outside the support window (this seems to be what happened to mine, as Moto were saying in 2020 that it would be updated).

yessss got the security updates today and some phone mod updates