Welcome to Vodafone Community
I am in Croatia, I have Vodafone UK pay monthly 81 destination World traveller plan and my data roaming is not working. I can receive calls and texts but no data. I spoke with the CSR and we tried:
1. Changing the APN settings from wap.vodafone.co.uk to Internet
2. Checked to see there are no bars (there shouldn't I was in Austria the other week and it worked fine)
3. He took down the network to investigate but never called me back
It's been a week no and its w I needed to get a local SIM card and pay . The only thing I can think of is the 14.6 iOS upgrade not sure if anyone has experienced same issues?
Are you able to try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination.
Is it possible the masts your latched to or network are having issues ?
Can you switch who your latched to ?
Check any relevant settings in your phone too please.
How long have you been roaming as abroad usage is meant for short term use with Vodafone clamping down on permanent roamers. See the Vodafone T&C`s of Roaming.
Other than that if your account is set OK then its a conundrum.
The Vodafone Social Media Team's maybe able to help.
Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.
Samsung One Ui 3.1 / Android 11.
If you are on an unlimited data plan there is a 25 GB monthly cap on roaming data and it will be impossible to go over the roaming allowance. With you being able to make and receive calls this may be where there is a problem.
If it is possible check to see how much data you used in Austria, if you have already used the 25GB, this will be the reason your data has been restricted in Croatia.
The Red plans do not have a roaming data cap.
Apart from that can't think of any other reason.
So long as the data roaming switch is set to on and there's no bars on your account then you should be absolutely fine.
Are you with anyone? Just wondering if you could switch sims to see if you still have the problem in a different handset and/or their sim works perfectly in your phone. That'd identify where the issue is.
Are you using the A1 network in Croatia - that was the one I used when there in 2019 (just wondering if it's perhaps latched onto a network where VF don't have a data roaming agreement - long shot I know)
The APN settings were fine as wap.vodafone.co.uk (just checked mine) so not sure why they asked you to change.
Might be worth giving 191 another call to see if they can perhaps refresh your connection (cut you off then reconnect you) to see if that fixes it.
Other than that, all out of ideas.
I wish you luck.
The issue was with APN settings.
The first operator was updating using first capital its all lowercase.
hope this helps someone.
Glad to read you're all sorted 👍
I'd maybe select your reply as the solution as it'll show on the forum that this thread contains a solution