Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Bought an iphone locked by vodaphone

Bilalahmadbacha
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi actually I have purchased iphond 11 pro max from someone else which locked by vodaphone I can only use vodaphone. My question is how to unlock my iphone as I have purchased it from someone else. Another thing, what will happen if that original owner didnt pay the bills Is the iphone will be blacklisted or what

23 REPLIES 23

I've recently tried to unlock an iPhone and was told I can't. I purchassed the phone from eBay and had been using a vodaphone sim in it for the last 6 months. I filled in the NUC request form and heard nothing back so chased it up with a call only to be told to speak to eBay about getting it unlocked !!

If you look at the  https://www.vodafone.co.uk/nuc page it says the following:

"Unfortunately, we can't unlock your device if you didn't buy it directly from us, for example, from Carphone Warehouse."

So the advice you are giving doesn't make sense. How do we know if the phone was purchassed from Vodafone directly or not.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Vodafone UK will be able to unlock it to all networks if you've been using it on the network for 30 days + which i see you have been by filling out the Nuc form located at the side of the forum page..

If a Vodafone agent has said they can't then they are giving wrong advice.

If the iPhone has been imei locked which is usually due to a lost or stolen claim by the original owner then Vodafone won't lift the imei blacklist for you. Only the original owner @dazznsarah 

Edit.

I've asked about the wording on the Nuc page and its vague. As CPW can't unlock phones the network has to.

IPhone's are now supplied as unlocked by Carphone Warehouse i.e they don't automatically lock to the first sim inserted so have you tried another sim in it.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the very speedy response !!

Would you suggest I submit another NUC request or call again? There was no mention of an imei lock when I called.

Thanks,

Darren

BandOfBrothers

No @dazznsarah as I mentioned it shouldn't be locked to Vodafone.

Try another active non Vodafone Sim card please. 

Current Phone  >

I've just tried the EE sim from my own iPhone and this is not working either.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @dazznsarah 

In my earlier reply I mentioned ....

“ If the iPhone has been imei locked which is usually due to a lost or stolen claim by the original owner then Vodafone won't lift the imei blacklist for you. Only the original owner

If the phone says No Service or similar in the phone's status bar then it could have been imei blacklisted which unfortunately is an all too common situation.

Current Phone  >

I've used the checkMEND service and it's showing there are no problems.

Speaking to Vodafone support yesterday it looks like the issue is their systems are showing that it is already unlocked but when inserting a sim for a different network it's showing as locked still.

They've said they have submitted the NUC unlock request and I should hear something back in the next 2 weeks so fingers crossed.

So I've got back in contact with support today as the phone's still locked and they're now saying they have no record of me requesting an NUC code despite me having an email confirming the request 😭

BandOfBrothers

The mind boggles !

What have they advised they can do at this stage @dazznsarah  ?

Current Phone  >