Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Buying iphone 12 pro from carphone warehouse with Vodafone contract

Matt_01
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was wondering if the phone would be locked to the Vodafone network. Carphone warehouse have already said that it is unlocked even after I use my contract sim it should stay unlocked but I wanted to be completely sure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The iPhone will come unlocked out of the box and will remain that way @Matt_01 so your able to use any networks sim card in it you want to.

Many years ago an iPhone used to lock to the first sim used in it when supplied by Carphone Warehouse but that is no more.

Also ofcom.org.uk/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locked-handsets. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

The iPhone will come unlocked out of the box and will remain that way @Matt_01 so your able to use any networks sim card in it you want to.

Many years ago an iPhone used to lock to the first sim used in it when supplied by Carphone Warehouse but that is no more.

Also ofcom.org.uk/mobile-firms-banned-from-selling-locked-handsets. 

Current Phone  >

Thanks for letting me know. I was thinking about waiting until December seeing as it would be illegal for the companies to sell a locked phone then but it seems like they've already started implementing the changes and making all phones unlocked

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Matt_01 

Indeed they have.

Vodafone have too so there in-line with the new upcoming changes.

Current Phone  >

I think I might have run into another problem now they said that the 5g network is locked to Vodafone I'm really confused now

BandOfBrothers

5G settings isn't locked in the phone and would work to any network that offers it.

As long as the phone has the 5G frequencies in it and they are supported by the particular networks 5g frequencies and bands it should work.

It's driven by the sim card placed inside the phone.

Current Phone  >