Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't get a working sony NUC

bumbleMii
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Heya,

I applied to get a NUC to unlock my Xperia 1, and the first code didn't work, so the advisor contacted sony about it, and sent over another code, but again it doesn't work, i've tried both codes a few times incase there was a miss type but nope. 2 NUCs and neither of them work.

how can it be so hard to get a functioning NUC.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello @bumbleMii 

"how can it be so hard to get a functioning NUC." Simply put is shouldn't  !!

Ofcom feel as muchnas they have said Ofcom and ban-on-mobile-firms-selling-locked-phones. 

My personal opinion is that phone's should be unlocked out of the box to begin with.

I've seen a few posts in regards to unlocking Sony phone's where people have experienced issues.

One is NUC-not-unlocking-Sony-Xperia-XZ. 

There are other threads via a forum search.

Vodafone advise How-do-I-use-my-nuc. 

The alternative network sim card your using needs to be activated i.e connects to mobile data etc and it's recommended that a person needs to be in the Uk latched to a Uk Network to complete the process.

Vodafone can't guarantee it'll work abroad but people have been successful in unlocking while abroad too.

If the alternative network is a Virtual one that piggy backs onto a main network then perhaps try a main network's sim card instead.

But don't try too many times or you could hardlock the phone which means then it'll need sending away by Vodafone to have it's counter reset before you can try again.

Some people have decided to circumvent Vodafone's Nuc route and used a reputable online unlocking site but that would come at a cost from the unlocking site.

I'm in no way suggesting you go this route as that's a choice by you alone.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can also look into the Nuc and I appreciate you've already followed this up and being given a 2nd Nuc that appears also not to work.

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.