Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot unlock Samsung S10

MarkinSW12
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

After being given an NUC by Vodafone as I've transferred to O2 but I am now blocked from any further attempts to unlock my Vodafone to setup my new SIM. Tried to call Vodafone Technical Help but my phone number is not valid so cannot get through.   

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @MarkinSW12 

When you say " blocked “ do you mean hard locked so you have 0 tries left ?

If so you'll need to ask Vodafone to send it away to have it's counter reset so you can try again.

But also bear in mind some Samsung phone's also need a Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code to unlock the phone to all networks. You may just need this !

Live Chat or Customer service on 0333 3040191 or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello BandofBrothers,  Yes, I have 0 tries left.  I did call the helpline but as I've moved my number already to O2 my account is not valid.  I'll try the live chat again and see how I get on.

BandOfBrothers

As the counter is now at 0 it needs to be sent away by Vodafone and reset @MarkinSW12 

They can't do this over the phone.

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can send it away or Customer services can send a Returns Bag.

Yes Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's can help.

You could also ring Vodafone on 0333 3040191 e time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned On to show it's aesthetic condition and that it turns on.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Thank you

BandOfBrothers

@MarkinSW12 wrote:

Hello BandofBrothers,  Yes, I have 0 tries left.  I did call the helpline but as I've moved my number already to O2 my account is not valid.  I'll try the live chat again and see how I get on.

Let us know how you get on.

Customer services are in place to support you even though you've moved on as they have a duty of care to support you in unlocking the phone They supplied to you.

Samsung UK wouldn't be able to help you with resetting a locked phone. They would send you back to Vodafone UK as it was supplied by the network and not them.

Thankfully all phone's now come unlocked out of the box to stop instances like this happening.

Do let us know how you get on.

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Of course Samsung would be able to help you @MarkinSW12 it is always recommended on this forum to go straight to the manufacturer for a phone fault, the manufacturer would be a lot more understanding than going to Vodafone Repair Centre.

You are not now a Vodafone customer without any account to verify and this is not an account related enquiry.

BandOfBrothers

@AnnS wrote:

Of course Samsung would be able to help you @MarkinSW12 it is always recommended on this forum to go straight to the manufacturer for a phone fault, the manufacturer would be a lot more understanding than going to Vodafone Repair Centre.

You are not now a Vodafone customer without any account to verify and this is not an account related enquiry.

@AnnS I would usually agree going to the manufacturer for a phone at fault would be the better choice 

However in this case @MarkinSW12 isn't having a fault with his phone 

The phone has become hard locked due to too many unsuccessful unlocking attempts taking the phone to 0 tries left.

Vodafone need to reset the phone's counter.

Samsung wouldn't as they didn't supply the phone as all their phones are unlocked thus they'll move to protect the security of the phone in case someone is trying to unlock the phone who isn't the owner.

It's the same with iPhone's as Apple wouldn't engage with a lesson in regards to a network locked phone.

Current Phone  >

Thank you.  I'll let you know how I get on.

AnnS

Fair enough @BandOfBrothers  quite understandable.