main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Unlocking

Cisco SPA525G2

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hello,

I recently bought a Cisco IP Phone SPA525G2 which is locked with the Vodafone OneNet firmware. How do I remove this firmware to use the phone with my own SIP server as I only plan to use the phone at home and therefore cant use OneNet.

Thanks!

View more options
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Honestly I'm not sure as I've never used one of those phones.

Vodafone wouldn't assume be able to remove a firmware.

You may get some further advise on the Cisco forum.

This is one thread I came across via a Google Search @m4xm0rris 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/voice-systems/525g2-firmware-download/td-p/3388015

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @m4xm0rris 

The best way to get this solved would be to contact the One Net Team from the contact us link below, they will be able to advise if this is possible.

Vodafone One Net

Also take a look at the unlocking request form below, selecting Vodafone software from the dropdown menu.

Unlock your phone

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi

I am not sure if this is relevant any more. You cannot remove the customisation, but you can overide it until you ever need to factory reset the device (in the future). Until then, it can be used with any other SIP account.

I can send you detailed instructions.

Greetings,

View more options
Highlighted

Awesome! Please DM intructions.

Thanks

View more options

Sent

Greetings

View more options
Highlighted
Hello,

I have a SPA525G2 IP Phone, customized for VODAFONE. How do I override 
customization and use with any other SIP account? Thanks

View more options
Highlighted

Sent

Greetings

View more options
Highlighted

Please could you send me some datails too as have bought some that are also locked to Vodafone.

TIA

View more options
Highlighted

Not sure why it added a strikethrough?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

i know this is an old thread but is anyone able to dm me instructions please.

thanks

View more options
Highlighted

Instructions sent, hope it helps

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, Could you please send me dm instructions as well please? Many thanks  Dave

View more options
Highlighted

I have messaged you directly.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi

I have been given a couple of handsets by a OneNet client who has been upgraded to nice colour display Huawei handsets. I would like to have a play with FreePBX but also need the admin password to do a factory reset. Can you send to me too please.

View more options
Highlighted

hi

if you want to message me i will send you details how to unlock the spa525g so you can get into the advanced menu and to get into admin log in. This will allow you to put your sip providers info in and use the phone on another sip provider.

rgds

dave

View more options
Highlighted

Please could you DM me the passoword for the phone admin.

Thanks,

Ryan

View more options
Highlighted

I created a web-server with the mac address.xml file but there is no profile/provisioning option. I also have a Snom 370 (Vodafone locked) andnd created a DHCP server and TFTP server with the snom370-r.bin (and snom370.bin) but it would not recover from it.

I pretty much tried everything on this project - I can't get into either phone. Vodafone gave me an admin password of 2580 but this doesn't work. They just want old phones to end up in land-fill. Even ones which are obsolute and they don't sell any more, so have no reason to block them from being re-used.

View more options
Highlighted

Please could you pm me the admin password?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi could you PM me the details please? I have the same issue.

View more options