cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hi, I have a MobiWire phone that is locked.

vrickard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a MobiWire phone that is locked to the Vodafone network, very annoying as I have never used this handset, I have tried another SIM and the message coming up is SIM blocked, please help.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @vrickard 

Most phones that Vodafone UK have supplied in the past have been locked to their network out of the box whether they have been used or not.

I'm assuming they supplied this phone to you.

I would suggest to use the phone on the network to make a few calls etc just to latch its imei to your Vodafone account and then fill out the unlock-code-request. NUC 

On a side Note from December 2021 Ofcom have stated that any phones now being supplied have to be unlocked out of the box.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you so much for responding, the handset didn't come from Vodafone and I haven't used it with any network so am still confused as to why it is even registered with anyone, 

AnnS

Hi @vrickard 

You don't mention where the phone was purchased.  For example, third parties like Carphone don't lock phones.

If you are getting a SIM blocked message, this means the SIM you are using is blocked by the network you are using and you need your PUK code or a replacement SIM for the number.

I would suggest trying a different SIM in the phone and see if this solves the problem.  You can get a free SIM from Vodafone here: Free SIM