cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I have requested my Iphone 6 to be unlocked.

andrewpearson95
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have been told by 4 vodafone reps that my Iphone 6 has been ulocked. My sim is still showing un-supported.

The latest rep said, as it is an iphone 6 then nothing needs to be done by Vodafone and the phone will auto unlock with the backup-reset-restore from my icloud account. This is still not working. 

timeline:

Applied for NUC10 days ago

- advised NUC not needed an iphone was unlocked

- backed up iphone

- restored iphone

- SIM still not supported

- told to wait until midnight

- still not supported.

Not sure what else i can do? any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @andrewpearson95 

iPhones supplied directly by Vodafone are locked to their network.

If a reseller such as Carphone Warehouse then it would be unlocked.

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting a Nuc {unlocking code} like other phone models are, but instead is unlocked remotely by Apple themselves and their Database.

So no actual Nuc is sent by Vodafone UK. 

The Vodafone Network lets a person know by email it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your Nuc online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) 

Please Note > The iPhone isn't actually usually unlocked to all networks at this stage when Vodafone email you. 

What happens is Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take Apple approximately from a few days upto a further 30+ days sometimes from Vodafone's email to complete an unlock request made by a Network. 

To complete the process please periodically insert an active i.e. connects to mobile network data, alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone with hooking upto iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older although it wouldn't harm to do so. 

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process. 

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.