Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Impossible to unlock Huawei

Sharpeyes
2: Seeker

My previous phone, a Huawei acquired on a 24 month contract with Vodafone appears not able to be unlocked. Using the form i get a message saying the phone wasnt supplied by Vodafone. Having spoken to about 7 or 8 staff on the technical helpline and twice on a chat service i still have yet to get an answer. I now have only 3 attempts left to enter a successful NUC. The IMEI number in the phones settings doesnt match the IMEI number Vodafone have for it. I have been trying for nearly 2 months to get a NUC that unlocks the phone and every attempt has been unsuccessful. If Vodafone offered a SIM only deal as good as Plusnet or Smarty, I wouldnt need to use the phone on another network. I appear to be stuck having no option now but to use an expensive Vodafone deal as Vodafone are unable to unlock one of their own phones. Every agent i speak to promises me that they guarantee that they will get me a code that works. Not one of them has done so. Not impressed

2 REPLIES 2

Sharpeyes

My previous phone, a Huawei acquired on a 24 month contract with Vodafone appears not able to be unlocked. Using the form i get a message saying the phone wasnt supplied by Vodafone. Having spoken to about 7 or 8 staff on the technical helpline and twice on a chat service i still have yet to get an answer. I now have only 3 attempts left to enter a successful NUC. The IMEI number in the phones settings doesnt match the IMEI number Vodafone have for it. I have been trying for nearly 2 months to get a NUC that unlocks the phone and every attempt has been unsuccessful. If Vodafone offered a SIM only deal as good as Plusnet or Smarty, I wouldnt need to use the phone on another network. I appear to be stuck having no option now but to use an expensive Vodafone deal as Vodafone are unable to unlock one of their own phones. Every agent i speak to promises me that they guarantee that they will get me a code that works. Not one of them has done so. Not impressed

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Sharpeyes 

Does the imei in the phone match the one on the retail Box the phone came in if you still have it ?

Has the phone ever been replaced under any insurance policy ?

Was it Vodafone who supplied the phone with a contract or was this via a 3rd party ?

Do keep an eye on the unlock message regarding attempts because if this runs to 0 it'll hard lock and then Vodafone would need to send it off to have it's counter reset before another Nuc can be inputted.

Give the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries a try to get this resolved.

You shouldn't have to consider this but there are reputable 3rd party online companies that unlock phone's for a fee. There are also Highstreet Stores that advertise they unlock phone's for a fee.

To add due to a new regulation Vodafone should be supplying phone's already unlocked out of the box. This ofcom ruling came into force December 2021.

May I assume you've already tried another activated alternative Network Sim card in the phone  ?

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.