Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MCK

Whitewall66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I.ve recieved my code it's about 21 numbers long but when I start to put it in there's only space for seven numbers.

My Samsung Galaxy 7 stopped working and I'm trying to use my old Nokia Lumia 550

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Whitewall66 

Oh dear you are having a problem unlocking your phone.  It's a difficult one for sure,  I am surprised the pw code is not working for you.  

I have a further suggestion for you, to bring up the unlock menu, put the alternative network SIM in the phone, type ##7820# followed by the unlock code Vodafone have given you and see if this works.

Other than that, let's hope the Social Media Team will get the phone unlocked for your use.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

Please could I been assisted with being given an MCK? Despite initially providing Vodafone with the correct IMEI number and then entering (100% accurately) the code subsequently supplied by Vodafone to me, it wasn't accepted and now I am given the message - "Enter MCK. network unlock code blocked. Too many incorrect attempts.............. Dismiss/unlock

As a result, I have removed the (Three) SIM and reinserted my regular Vodafone SIM. Seem totally unable to use this alternative SIM in the handset and my husband is soon going to need to use it with another network. Please can you help? Thanks 

BandOfBrothers

@aliabbos 

If a phone has been Hard Locked due to too many incorrect entries then the counter needs resetting, so more attempts can be made with a Nuc.

The phone needs to be sent off by Vodafone UK to have this counter reset.

Another option maybe to use a reputable unlocking service online or a Highstreet shop that advertises they unlock phone's. This service would however come hand in hand with a fee.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The staff in my local Vodafone branch thought there was a glitch whereby people using the CORRECT NUK (supplied by Vodafone for Samsung phones) were finding they were failing and, in turn, locking handsets and then displaying the need for a MCK (Master Code Key).  I also spoke to the staff at Vodafone on the phone and a MCK was supplied within about 10 days.  My phone was finally unlocked!  I was glad I persevered.  Thanks for your advice 

Can u please help I need an MCK code and hours on the phone with no resolution 

Hey @Becpollard21 Thanks for reaching out to us. Have you already tried an NUC (Network unlock code)? If not, you can use this link here to fill out the form. 

If you've done this already and needing the Master unlock code, please reach out to our Social Media team on either Facebook or X. We'll be happy to help you. 

Thanks. 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @Whitewall66 

Just for my own clarity when you asked for your unlock code did you provide the details for the Samsung phone or the Nokia phone  ?

Unlocking instruction for Microsoft Lumia 550 

1. Turn on the phone with an unaccepted SIM card (not the one in which the device works)

2. Microsoft Lumia 550 should ask for an unlock code

3. Enter the code provided by Vodafone

4. Device should be unlocked 

You may not need to use the ' When you enter Key #pw+NUC+1# when you enter the last # it will then display the message "sim restriction off" ' part of the usual unlocking instructions as your phone is a Microsoft Lumia Nokia phone variant.

Live Chat  or the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  will be able to officially advise you.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

The Nokia phone.

@Whitewall66 wrote:

The Nokia phone.

I was just asking @Whitewall66 because a Nuc would only work for the phone it's been requested for.

Have you tried the process I mentioned in my above reply.

If it isnt working then please do use the Live Chat and kr Vodafone Social Media Team links I added.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Whitewall66 

The format #pw+unlock code+1# should work, just keep typing the code as you see it and once completed there should be an enter key to complete the process.

If you cannot unlock the phone, just contact the forum team, they will be able to help complete the unlocking for you.  (as mentioned by @BandOfBrothers ).

It says the Sim card is missing or invalid the instructions posted say take Sim out.