main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Unlocking

Whitewall66
2: Seeker

I.ve recieved my code it's about 21 numbers long but when I start to put it in there's only space for seven numbers.

My Samsung Galaxy 7 stopped working and I'm trying to use my old Nokia Lumia 550

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Whitewall66 

Oh dear you are having a problem unlocking your phone.  It's a difficult one for sure,  I am surprised the pw code is not working for you.  

I have a further suggestion for you, to bring up the unlock menu, put the alternative network SIM in the phone, type ##7820# followed by the unlock code Vodafone have given you and see if this works.

Other than that, let's hope the Social Media Team will get the phone unlocked for your use.

View solution in original position

View more options
19 REPLIES 19
BandOfBrothers

Hi @Whitewall66 

What we sometimes see is that a Nuc is supplied by Vodafone but some Samsung phones also need the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which has to be supplied also by Vodafone Customer services.

Have Vodafone supplied the MCK and Nuc to you ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256gb Phantom Black.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

To add.  

Enter the MCK unfreeze code and press OK.

Even if the phone says it’s incorrect continue as its still needed.

Then Enter the network unlock code.

Current Phone  >

View more options
Whitewall66

All I got sent was a long unlock code of 20 numbers.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

If the code that was sent by Vodafone UK as a result of you filling out the unlocking form then that's the Nuc to unlock a phone to all network's @Whitewall66 

Usually inserting an active non Vodafone sim card pulls up the entry box to key in the Nuc.

If on doing this the phone does not show as unlocked then the phone also needs the MCK mastercode which a person has to re contact customer services for or the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Whitewall66 

From what you have written you are trying to unlock your Nokia 550 to replace your Samsung phone that no longer works.

Please refer to this previous thread, the reply from @63johnw should explain the process.  If the code is too long just continue typing as you see it.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Where-do-I-enter-my-NUC-code-on-a-Nokia-130/td-p/26351...

View more options
Whitewall66

Sorry but I don't understand that at all. How do I type in letters 

View more options
Whitewall66

I've tried the code that was posted it hasn't worked maybe I'm not doing it properly I don't know. When I've typed everything in nothing happens. 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

Hello @Whitewall66 

Just for my own clarity when you asked for your unlock code did you provide the details for the Samsung phone or the Nokia phone  ?

Unlocking instruction for Microsoft Lumia 550 

1. Turn on the phone with an unaccepted SIM card (not the one in which the device works)

2. Microsoft Lumia 550 should ask for an unlock code

3. Enter the code provided by Vodafone

4. Device should be unlocked 

You may not need to use the ' When you enter Key #pw+NUC+1# when you enter the last # it will then display the message "sim restriction off" ' part of the usual unlocking instructions as your phone is a Microsoft Lumia Nokia phone variant.

Live Chat  or the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  will be able to officially advise you.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

View more options
Whitewall66

The Nokia phone.

View more options
BandOfBrothers

@Whitewall66 wrote:

The Nokia phone.

I was just asking @Whitewall66 because a Nuc would only work for the phone it's been requested for.

Have you tried the process I mentioned in my above reply.

If it isnt working then please do use the Live Chat and kr Vodafone Social Media Team links I added.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Whitewall66 

The format #pw+unlock code+1# should work, just keep typing the code as you see it and once completed there should be an enter key to complete the process.

If you cannot unlock the phone, just contact the forum team, they will be able to help complete the unlocking for you.  (as mentioned by @BandOfBrothers ).

View more options
Whitewall66

It says the Sim card is missing or invalid the instructions posted say take Sim out.

View more options
AnnS

Hi @Whitewall66 

Oh dear you are having a problem unlocking your phone.  It's a difficult one for sure,  I am surprised the pw code is not working for you.  

I have a further suggestion for you, to bring up the unlock menu, put the alternative network SIM in the phone, type ##7820# followed by the unlock code Vodafone have given you and see if this works.

Other than that, let's hope the Social Media Team will get the phone unlocked for your use.

View more options
Whitewall66

AnnS let me just say I love you ha ha . It worked I can't thank you enough it's a real weight off my mind. My best mate is in hospital with Covid-19 he's in an induced coma altough he actually woke up last night so hopefully he's on the road to recovery. His family text me everyday with updates I then text and ring everyone else so I couldn't do it last night and had to email everyone instead and spent most of last night replying to them.

I could never be a typist ha ha thank you again Ann.

View more options
Gwynny78

I jave a Samsung s7, completed PAC, NUK and got PUK but phone still says SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

View more options
Tash

Hi @Gwynny78, it sounds like we'll need to request a mastercode (MCK) from the manufacturer to fully unlock your phone for you. If you haven't already, please send a message to us over on Twitter or Facebook and we'll help to get this to you.

View more options
aliabbos
3: Seeker

Please could I been assisted with being given an MCK? Despite initially providing Vodafone with the correct IMEI number and then entering (100% accurately) the code subsequently supplied by Vodafone to me, it wasn't accepted and now I am given the message - "Enter MCK. network unlock code blocked. Too many incorrect attempts.............. Dismiss/unlock

As a result, I have removed the (Three) SIM and reinserted my regular Vodafone SIM. Seem totally unable to use this alternative SIM in the handset and my husband is soon going to need to use it with another network. Please can you help? Thanks 

View more options
BandOfBrothers

@aliabbos 

If a phone has been Hard Locked due to too many incorrect entries then the counter needs resetting, so more attempts can be made with a Nuc.

The phone needs to be sent off by Vodafone UK to have this counter reset.

Another option maybe to use a reputable unlocking service online or a Highstreet shop that advertises they unlock phone's. This service would however come hand in hand with a fee.

Current Phone  >

View more options
aliabbos
3: Seeker

The staff in my local Vodafone branch thought there was a glitch whereby people using the CORRECT NUK (supplied by Vodafone for Samsung phones) were finding they were failing and, in turn, locking handsets and then displaying the need for a MCK (Master Code Key).  I also spoke to the staff at Vodafone on the phone and a MCK was supplied within about 10 days.  My phone was finally unlocked!  I was glad I persevered.  Thanks for your advice 

View more options