Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MCK

Whitewall66
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I.ve recieved my code it's about 21 numbers long but when I start to put it in there's only space for seven numbers.

My Samsung Galaxy 7 stopped working and I'm trying to use my old Nokia Lumia 550

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Whitewall66 

Oh dear you are having a problem unlocking your phone.  It's a difficult one for sure,  I am surprised the pw code is not working for you.  

I have a further suggestion for you, to bring up the unlock menu, put the alternative network SIM in the phone, type ##7820# followed by the unlock code Vodafone have given you and see if this works.

Other than that, let's hope the Social Media Team will get the phone unlocked for your use.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Whitewall66 

What we sometimes see is that a Nuc is supplied by Vodafone but some Samsung phones also need the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code which has to be supplied also by Vodafone Customer services.

Have Vodafone supplied the MCK and Nuc to you ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add.  

Enter the MCK unfreeze code and press OK.

Even if the phone says it’s incorrect continue as its still needed.

Then Enter the network unlock code.

Current Phone  >

All I got sent was a long unlock code of 20 numbers.

If the code that was sent by Vodafone UK as a result of you filling out the unlocking form then that's the Nuc to unlock a phone to all network's @Whitewall66 

Usually inserting an active non Vodafone sim card pulls up the entry box to key in the Nuc.

If on doing this the phone does not show as unlocked then the phone also needs the MCK mastercode which a person has to re contact customer services for or the Vodafone Social Media Team via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Whitewall66 

From what you have written you are trying to unlock your Nokia 550 to replace your Samsung phone that no longer works.

Please refer to this previous thread, the reply from @63johnw should explain the process.  If the code is too long just continue typing as you see it.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Where-do-I-enter-my-NUC-code-on-a-Nokia-130/td-p/26351...

Sorry but I don't understand that at all. How do I type in letters 

I've tried the code that was posted it hasn't worked maybe I'm not doing it properly I don't know. When I've typed everything in nothing happens. 

I jave a Samsung s7, completed PAC, NUK and got PUK but phone still says SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Gwynny78, it sounds like we'll need to request a mastercode (MCK) from the manufacturer to fully unlock your phone for you. If you haven't already, please send a message to us over on Twitter or Facebook and we'll help to get this to you.