Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Master unlock code

LEWIS1036
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Been trying to unlock an old Samsung s6 edge.

code emailed didn’t work. Tried various codes that I was sent. On Saturday, during a website chat, I explained the situation. It was escalated to??? God knows what. 48 hours later no news. Rang to complain and was told to ring Samsung directly as Vodafone could not help me! 

obviously I rang Samsung, nice guy who told me that he could not help me directly the request for a master unlock code had to come from Vodafone!!! Passed on the info to the Vodafone guy from complaints who I was speaking to who emailed the request to another department.

id like to make 3 points really: 

firstly it should be illegal for a provider to keep handsets locked when the contract has ended. And I will definitely look into this

secondly, when I need to renew or upgrade my phone/contract they falling over themselves to contact me and help me but when it is not for any financial gain for them.... forget it you’re on your own!!!

So I’ll wait to see what will happen next. Could be interesting. In the meantime I’m paying for a SIM card that I can’t use.

thanks Vodafone 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Oncoming are looking into making the change that all phone's should be unlocked out if the box but like most things it's a waiting game !

Samsung phone's can be tricky to unlock as some need a MCK Mastercard also known as an unfreeze code and some don't.

Usually when a person needs a mastercode the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can help.

The advice to contact Samsung is poor and the agent should have known better to be honest as a manufacturer won't engage with a person when it involves unlocking a branded phone.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.