Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

MCK code for Galaxy S10

techfactor
4: Newbie

I am a business customer with vodafone and was trying to get my office landline sim working with no luck. Unprofessional vodafone customer service personnels gave me couple of wrong NUC codes and the phone is currently demaning a MCK code in order to enter any new NUC code. Which means trying any new NUC code is currently blocked by the network / device.

Vodafone says they got nothing to do with this and it needs to be done by Samsung being the manufaturer. Samsung on the other hand says we don't provide such services to end user but Vodafone have access to a system from which they can generate or get it from us and pass it to you. However, it is the responsibility of Vodafone being the network provider as the issue is network related.

Unfortunately, Vodafone customer service personnels have no idea what this MCK code  (Unfreeze code) is and giving out continous false information and instruction. One technician even claimed NUC is the MCK code and forced me to try that way as well.

Meanwhile, there are websites out there providing MCK, NUC and required codes for little as £15 within few minutes. I don't want to buy anything as such to keep my warranty but left in dark because vodafone dosen't know what is MCK is and neither have any idea what it does.

Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.

IMG-4889b.jpg

36 REPLIES 36

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries can get you the MCK Mastercode also known as an unfreeze code.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself again. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

4 hours on no reply from them via FB messenger yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @techfactor, we're a little busier than usual at the moment, but I'm sure a member of the team will be in touch soon 😊

Hi @Jack , many thanks for replying after 24 hrs. I hope I'll get this so called MCK code quick? now that you are aware of this.

Hi @techfactor once the social team get to your message, this will then be raised so that the MCK code can be requested from the manufacturer, as soon as we have the code this will be forwarded to you so we can get your phone unlocked as soon as possible. Please let us know if you so require any more help with this. 

Hi Andy, I contacted the so called social media team on 20th of August, They took good 3 days to reply to state it will be further 10 working days waiting. Wow factor of Vodafone in 21st century!!

On the other hand, Samsung clearly informed me that its just a back office system in which vodafone has to enter the IMEI code and get the MCK.

Meanwhile, MCK code for phones available to purchase online for a little money which they send in few minutes. (which I don't want to do due to warranty purpose). Also, it is worth it to note that the vodafone customer service assistant, who claimed he has 10 years experience at vodafone stood firm for a good one hour stating there is no such thing called MCK code, also denying to transfer the call to someone who knows the subject.

Later, he said his technician also assures there is no such thing called MCK code, hope vodafone's highly proud of their standard and knowledge? 😂

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @techfactor, thanks for updating the thread! Sorry for the delay in getting back to your message to us, we've been a little busier than usual. As we're the same team on the Community here, we'll be able to continue to monitor this for you.

I can see we've escalated this - the 10 working days will be the maximum timescale for us receiving the code from the manufacturer. In some cases it can be before this - we'll send you an email for any updates during this time frame.

As we have your messages, we can also locate the call you had with us and make sure this is fed back to the relevant department to stop this happening again in the future.

Hi @Tash,

I can confirm, I've received nothing so far to date. Now that this is in a public forum, why don't you post here when this 10 working days will be over? clearly mention the date - month and year!

If you are serious about your company's standard of customer service, I can provide you a call reference number in which you can also hear what one of your so called customer service experts had to say. This company is no where near to professional standard.

Thanks.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@techfactor 10 Working days time from @Tash 's message on 26th August, will be 09th Septemeber 2020. As for call recordings and getting this experience fed back, we'll need to continue to discuss that privately on your Social Media thread. This is to protect your private data in line with GDPR.